Problems with Screen Brightness on 17.3 "OCTANE VI

alanmiller818

Hey everyone, nice to meet you.
Its my first time posting and I have a couple of screen problems.

I custom ordered the 17.3 "Octane Vi with a RTX 2080, a i9-9000k and 64GB ram. I chose to upgrade to the 4K screen as I need real estate and not
gaming performance, I use it for 3D animation and GPU rendering.

My problem is that I cannot bring up the actual laptop control panel and have big problems getting into the boot screen at the start, the display is nice but the brightness is horrible and the windows control are not enough to fix it? It also has a serious Y=yellow tint.

Does anyone have a solution for getting into the specific laptop screen brightness settings?
Or for installing/using the control panel software unique to the laptop?

Thanks in advance.
Lee

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

I custom ordered the 17.3 "Octane Vi with a RTX 2080, a i9-9000k and 64GB ram. I chose to upgrade to the 4K screen as I need real estate and not

My problem is that I cannot bring up the actual laptop control panel and have big problems getting into the boot screen at the start, the display is nice but the brightness is horrible and the windows control are not enough to fix it? It also has a serious Y=yellow tint.

Does anyone have a solution for getting into the specific laptop screen brightness settings?

Thanks in advance.
Lee

You may need to update clevo control center aka hotkey.

You can find up to date drivers at www.clevo.com.tw and the clevo model number should be on the underside of the laptop.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
These will be driver settings so make sure you have the latest graphics drivers are installed. Right-clicking on the desktop will bring up a menu which should contain options for graphics settings. What you need should be in there.

Thanks in advance.
Lee

Hello!,
I have exactly the same problem. Have you managed to fix it?

johnij

I have the same issue on my 5 month old Octane VI, updating didn't help. Sometimes brightness setting works and and sometimes it don't, same goes for sound.