Problem

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Ive just woke up and for some reason only 2 out of 3 monitors are displaying anything, ive just cleaned my entire computer and on startup the right monitor displays the loading screen and then after i log in the right monitor is not detected. How can i fix this?

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
I just unplugged me left monitor and the right one works then when i plugg it back in the right one doesnt work

steaky360

Hmm that is strange, I assume it was working previously :p. Have you checked the Nvidia/AMD properties (Nvidia Settings or AMD Catalyst I think?) to see if it is detecting 3 displays?

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Yeah last night it was fine and when i loom at Nvidia control panel the right one which is attached to the first graphics card isnt light up like the other two

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Maybe you've dislodged a connection or possibly though unlikely the GPU itself while you were cleaning the PC.

steaky360

Have you got more than one card and what card(s) is it? Have you recently updated graphics drivers?

Might be worth trying to plug the third monitor (currently not working) in other slots (if available) and ensuring SLi is on (if available).

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Well i just clicked on Nvidia control panel and for some reason for monitor wasnt activated on the control panel so i clicked it and now it works although i cant find my old settings.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Well before i had it so the left monitor had all the shortcuts and task bar at the bottome but so the task bar extended to the other two monitors aswell

steaky360

Ah right you should be able to reset that so its the same, its extended desktop I believe - you might have to move all the shortcuts etc. again unfortunately :(

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Theyre so messed up right now, i have to move my mouse left on the left one to go to the middle monitor then left through the middle monitor to get to the right one.

steaky360

Theyre so messed up right now, i have to move my mouse left on the left one to go to the middle monitor then left through the middle monitor to get to the right one.

You can change that in the Nvidia Control Panel - go to "Set up multiple displays" and you will be able to identify/drag and drop your screens around until they are in the correct configuration.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Thanks ive sorted it now, i get stressed so easily that i forget how to do everything, thanks for everyone advice and feedback :)

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Ah its not working, the task bar isn't going across and the background isn't sorted out either as i had a battlefield one which spread across all displays but now its just duplicated the one on the left monitor onto the others. Last time my friend set it all up for me but we dont talk any more so he cant help.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!! Thank you soooo much for your help i can now relax and enjoy the rest of my day. I cant belive how much you have helped thanks so much!!!!!!

+rep