Problem with PCI-e card USB-C 20Gb/s card

mitoza

Hi @David689 , did you ever figure this issue out? I am having the same exact issue as you - I have a 4TB SanDisk Extreme Pro (Gen 2x2) paired with an Icy Box USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 PCIe card. I plugged it into my B760 GAMING X AX (rev. 1.x) motherboard and plugged in the SATA connector as well. I am seeing transfer speeds of around 820 MB/s which, accounting for some overhead, seems to align with 10 Gb/s instead of 20 Gb/s. I am also having the issue where very specific files trigger the device to disconnect. Upon resetting my PC, the device appears to be showing again.

It seems that you already tried this with another drive and had the same issue, so the drive does not seem to be the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi @David689 , did you ever figure this issue out? I am having the same exact issue as you - I have a 4TB SanDisk Extreme Pro (Gen 2x2) paired with an Icy Box USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 PCIe card. I plugged it into my B760 GAMING X AX (rev. 1.x) motherboard and plugged in the SATA connector as well. I am seeing transfer speeds of around 820 MB/s which, accounting for some overhead, seems to align with 10 Gb/s instead of 20 Gb/s. I am also having the issue where very specific files trigger the device to disconnect. Upon resetting my PC, the device appears to be showing again.

It seems that you already tried this with another drive and had the same issue, so the drive does not seem to be the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would suggest that you start your own thread with all relevant details rather than necroing a 2 year old thread