Problem with New PC

Croupier

Just got off the phone, we tried some things and monitored temperatures. It's being returned to them. Sadly as it's the weekend it won't be picked up until Monday but oh well

Last edited by a moderator:

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Just got off the phone, we tried some things and monitored temperatures. It's being returned to them. Sadly as it's the weekend it won't be picked up until Monday but oh well - stuff happens right?

Sorry to hear this, hopefully you will get a report back of what the actual issue was when you get the machine back. If it was me I would personally would like to know what the issue was.

I do seem to see a lot of forum topics with issues with new builds recently, I'm just hoping this is a very small percentage of what they have sent out e.g. 1 in every 100 or every 10?. I'm a new customer, heard good things about them (still waiting on mine), but given the current circumstances wondering if the build / testing teams are under pressure to get things out so PCs are not being built / tested fully. Hopefully it was just one of those things. You always read more bad things about companies than good things on forums.

Croupier

Sorry to hear this, hopefully you will get a report back of what the actual issue was when you get the machine back. If it was me I would personally would like to know what the issue was.

I do seem to see a lot of forum topics with issues with new builds recently, I'm just hoping this is a very small percentage of what they have sent out e.g. 1 in every 100 or every 10?. I'm a new customer, heard good things about them (still waiting on mine), but given the current circumstances wondering if the build / testing teams are under pressure to get things out so PCs are not being built / tested fully. Hopefully it was just one of those things. You always read more bad things about companies than good things on forums.
Yeah I don't blame them at all... I can't see them being okay with sending out a PC that they know has problems. As with QC though it could be the case that it's all being rushed out faster than usual. I too would also like to know what the issue is too so I can at least learn something if I ever have this problem again in the future.

I will reply to this thread when I get it back!

Thanks all for your help.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Agree, I really don't think it is them, they have been going a long time (2003+) and have a good rep. So many components inside each component it could be anything, simple motor issue on the cpu fan for example. it happens. 20+ years ago I used to build them, but was simpler times back then, so I had spare parts to use to test. If you had a spare AOI/HS fan cpu cooler and thermal paste I would suggest changing that, but only when it's out of warranty, for now, as it's new, RMA is the best you can do, Just a pity it takes time.

Croupier

Just an update - my PC was dispatched this afternoon so I'll have it by tomorrow. They diagnosed the issue as a faulty processor and windows software errors, rather than there being an issue with the CPU Cooler. I presume there was a faulty temperature sensor or something. When I get it back I'll post another update after running it for 24 hours (unless another problem arises beforehand). Having seen other threads on this forum I presume that there will still be some incompatibilities other people are having.

Thanks all for your help so far

Croupier

Okay, I have good news. I've been running my PC for over 24 hours so far and so far no BSODs or anything that would suggest any hardware errors. My RAM is running with 4 sticks at 3600MHz completely fine. Seems that I just simply had a faulty processor. This has been replaced and my RMA was completed exactly 7 days after they received it in their warehouse - I'm very impressed by the turnaround considering the stress PCS are under. All of that patience and I can finally enjoy my new PC! I've been playing Cyberpunk at 4k at Ultra (Raytracing on Medium) and it's running extremely smoothly. This computer pairs extremely well with my LG 27GN950-B and makes all games I've tried so far look amazing.

Hopefully I run into no more errors but if I do I'll be sure to post but for now it seems as if the case has been closed! Thanks all for your help! To those currently waiting for their new PC's - there is light at the end of the tunnel! Trust me... sit tight it's worth the wait.