problem starting up laptop

al shookup

Bronze Level Poster
When I switch on my laptop I get a blank black screen with the words at the top .."The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum." Any ideas on what it means and how to correct it please?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I switch on my laptop I get a blank black screen with the words at the top .."The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum." Any ideas on what it means and how to correct it please?

Think you'll need to put in your windows disk and run a startup repair. Somethings become corrupted.

al shookup

Bronze Level Poster
laptop will not boot up

I have an Acer Aspire 3810TZ laptop and am experiencing a problem when switching on. I can hear what I believe to be the hard drive whirring away and the opening sound of windows tones are heard but nothing appears on screen and all is black. it doesnt respond to any of the keys at all. It worked ok then stopped then came on again for a few minutes as normal but then went into it's current state again.

Any ideas if it could be repairable please?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have an Acer Aspire 3810TZ laptop and am experiencing a problem when switching on. I can hear what I believe to be the hard drive whirring away and the opening sound of windows tones are heard but nothing appears on screen and all is black. it doesnt respond to any of the keys at all. It worked ok then stopped then came on again for a few minutes as normal but then went into it's current state again.

Any ideas if it could be repairable please?

Shine a table lamp or other direct light onto the screen and see if you can see any image.

It's possible the backlight has blown in which case you'd need an RMA to Acer or a local repair center.

Otherwise, it could be a dodgy cable connection inside the lid. Again, would need a local repair center.

al shookup

Bronze Level Poster
Just found out that if I plug in a monitor to the laptop, it boots up ok and in fact the same picture appears on the laptop screen as well as the monitor at the same time. I swtched the laptop off and tried it again in isolation and it seems to work perfectly now. However I would assume that there must be an intermittent fault but any ideas what it would means please?

Rakk

The Awesome
I have merged these two threads together since they are essentially talking about the same thing, it is best to stick to one thread because then people don't end up asking/answering the same things multiple times.

al shookup

Bronze Level Poster
Gone belly up again, works fine on external monitor and you can just make out a very faint image on the laptop screen. Something is packing in but I don't know what?

Any help?

Rakk

The Awesome
what is an RMA please?

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization and is basically returning a product to the manufacturer in order to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during the product's warranty period.

al shookup

Bronze Level Poster
would this inverter fit my Acer Aspire?

My Acer aspire 3810tz screen is only showing a very dim picture, but the image is ok when plugged in to a seperate monitor. After asking questions on this site previously I am led to believe it could be the screen inverter that's packed in. Compatible inverters for the Aspire 3810 (no TZ) can be bought on ebay. They don't look the same as the original one on my laptop so I wondered if it has to be a specific inverter for the job and if so, where would I get one please?

thanks