Playing 3d blu rays

Just rec'd my 17'' Vortex II and very pleased I am with it too, been having a great time in 3d Skyrim. Still finding my way round but no dramas so far.

I don't seem to be able to get blu-ray to play in 3d though. I've tried both PowerDVD and WinDVD trial versions. They both play in 2d OK (yawn!!) but I don't seem to be able to pursuade either of them to play in 3d. Win DVD in partiular I seem to be able to set-up properly and it notes the I have Nvidia 3d etc but still no joy.

Just playing throught the monitor on the laptop.

The disc is the new Tron which is supposed to have both 3d and 2d versions on it if that makes any difference.

Anyone have a clue or know of good guide to setting this up?

Any pointers appreciated.
Thanks Steve

NMEBowen

Master Poster
id love something for this also.. im using cyberlink suite i had with my pc tried a few bluerays but no joy

Hmm I'm beginning to think I've been stiched up by the video hire place and the blu-ray disc has no 3d content and so hence no 3d playback.....Does a 3d blu-ray disc have any kind of big 3d badge on it so idiots like me don't get confused......

NMEBowen

Master Poster
the one i had was on a seperate disk from the 2d blueray but it may be different with various bluerays