PCS Spectrum RGB case fans

decaro

Enthusiast
Are the fans on the Spectrum RGB case's speed adjustable? for a budget case I'm just wondering if they run at a constant speed or are adjustable via the motherboard? I've had to sort of rush order a new system due to the one I was using recently has kicked the bucket and that's the case I chose.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Are the fans on the Spectrum RGB case's speed adjustable? for a budget case I'm just wondering if they run at a constant speed or are adjustable via the motherboard? I've had to sort of rush order a new system due to the one I was using recently has kicked the bucket and that's the case I chose.
It specifies that they're ARGB, I can't say for certain as never seen the case, but I'd assume they were speed controlled. It's likely via the motherboards software.

decaro

Enthusiast
It specifies that they're ARGB, I can't say for certain as never seen the case, but I'd assume they were speed controlled. It's likely via the motherboards software.
Ok good, my old system's fans ran at a constant speed with no control and I quite frankly wanted to rip my ears off if I wasn't wearing headphones while using it.

decaro

Enthusiast
I would strongly suggest getting some advice on the build, you can still make amendments and judging by that case selection there may be unsuitable components.
The issue I had is that Ii researched literally every part but overlooked the case, so the system itself is fine its just the case I was worried about because its an own brand one so I was unsure of quality.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The issue I had is that Ii researched literally every part but overlooked the case, so the system itself is fine its just the case I was worried about because its an own brand one so I was unsure of quality.
Have you had feedback on the build though? Individually parts may be ok, but that has no relevance to the system as a full build.

decaro

Enthusiast
Have you had feedback on the build though? Individually parts may be ok, but that has no relevance to the system as a full build.
Yep, I had posted an earlier config for advice on here but that's not the one I went with but yes, I have had feedback on the one I actually ordered,

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yep, I had posted an earlier config for advice on here but that's not the one I went with but yes, I have had feedback on the one I actually ordered,
If you're sure, there's nothing in your history of having looked for advice which is why I'm asking.

decaro

Enthusiast
Presumably the OP asked for advice elsewhere (maybe in the Discord channel?)...and I'd question that advice if they advised the Spectrum case
Oh no, the case wasn't advised, I had already cost stretched the rest of the system so I had to resort to that case, it doesn't seem too bad.

decaro

Enthusiast
If I was working to a budget sub £800 then I may consider that case. Bear in mind the case is, as far as I am concerned, the most important part of any system rather than a "this'll do" component...after all, if the case has poor airflow, then the components will run hotter and not perform as well. When I do a spec for someone, the first thing I work out is the case and then go from there. If I was you I would spend £4 more and get the Fractal Focus G case...it is a much better case with excellent airflow and the fans are speed adjustable (I have 4 presets on mine that I alternate between)
But i'm guessing as the front fans at least are ARGB they would also be speed adjustable.

decaro

Enthusiast
Not guaranteed...being able to change their colour doesn't mean that they are also speed variable. To be absolutely sure you'd need to ask PCS as we have no clue who makes that case.
Good point, I shall do that and if not I shall amend the order and change to the fractal focus g, thank you.

decaro

Enthusiast
I just found a thread from early August and, I quote:

"Hi. I have a PCS SPECTRUM RGB MID TOWER case. My machine is pretty loud (50 dB ish), mainly because of the front Gamemaxx RGB case fans which are non adjustable and always spinning on their highest rate."

But are you sure the built in fans on the focus g are enough? with no exhaust?