PCS review and Pics...

Zainy

Well I sit and type this review from a very shiney new laptop which I am already loathe to part with even if it simply means leaving the room.

The journey began on the weekend of the 2nd April after deciding I needed a new laptop. Tentative searches around the web took place over the preceding weeks as I toyed with the idea of actually purchasing one. I honestly never thought of a custom laptop other than the custom spec that companies such as Dell (Alienware) provide. I stumbled across PCS and was almost instantly taken. A quick search showed no faults really withthe company and everything seemed on the up and up.
I quickly played around with fantastical customs for my laptop from the most frugal to the utmost in lavish splendor. Eventually I decided on this:

Vortex II-15: 15.6"
i7-2630QM
8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz
1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M
500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Silver warranty
Standard delivery

I placed my order on the 2nd of April (Saturday)
I then made 2 adjustments on Monday and Tuesday before settling on th above specs, spoke to the famously helpful and pleasant PCS staff in the process. The computer was ready and tested and passed quality control by the end of Wednesday. Yup 3 working days from my order - and yes I did not pay for Fast Track.
Unfortunately I couldnt be home on the Thursday or Friday so a quick phone call to postpone the delivery till Tuesday this week.
The wait was made more bearable by the fact that I have exams coming up and the longer the delay the better the chances of me doing in my exams...
Tuesday turned out to be a bit of a nightmare as evidenced by a thread entitled 'More dhl nonsense?'
But in the end all was good and my shiney new laptop was delivered today thanks to some intervention by PCS staff on my behalf.

Thanks to:
Built By Carl Auckland
Tested By Carl Auckland
QC'd By Carl Auckland
Packed By Anthony Cunliffe

And now the bit you probably glossed over the above to see - the pics. Sorry not the best - Im crashing at a friends for a bit and used the old iphone to snap em.
Hosted on Flickr.com

5617153051_55af591a95.jpg

Fresh outta the box

5617155179_86fcec4f1b.jpg

Shiney green light

5617161171_412e19bbc2.jpg

Some Side on action

5617747334_7f1a17feaa.jpg

Shiney clicky keyboard

5617157717_8cd37d6f67.jpg

Windows Performance Test

5617735076_b711e6c905.jpg

All lit up!

So my appraisal of the experience:

Overall quality of company 9/10 (one always needs to strive for perfection lest we become complacent)

Customer Service: 9/10 (i had limited dealings with them but they were always prompt and friendly as well as effecient)

Value for money: 9/10 (really cant get better than this)

I am very happy with my dealings with PCS and have already recommended them to friends and family in the UK and Ireland.
Two thumbs way up.

Z

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
+Rep for you! Nice review and pics.

But...but...there seems to be a woman trapped in the laptop!

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
+ Rep!
Wow the laptop look really smooth! Just seeing the pictures alone makes me want to have a Laptop despite having a Top spec Desktop from PCS
I really want one just for Uni lol

Mind if i ask you how much it was?

Zainy

Thanks DED - the little woman is the missus. Payment for all the hours that will now be lost to my new pet...

Killzoned- Ta, the lappie is awesome. It set me back under £1200