PCS Laptop - VR Experience

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Has anyone tried VR on their new laptop and what were the results?
I am particularly interested in Ionico, Oculus Quest 2, MSFS20 and Half Life Alyx. But leave the forum open to any VR on any PCS laptop for the benefit of others.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
Hello guys sorry for the delay. So here you have the footage of HL Alyx on my ionico using Quest 2 in Steam Vr emulation thanks to virtual desktop (if you own a quest you must get this app as it will permit you to play any steam vr game without oculus link cable)
The quest and the Ionico communicates via a 5ghz Wifi Router, and the Ionico wasnt even ethernet wired.

So as far as I am concerned it is a really winner experience

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Thanks, that's really good to see and also to hear you played it wireless with VD. I'm looking forward to HLA very much. I loved HL2 and episodes. Given up waiting for HL3 but HLA more than makes up for that.
What graphic settings can the ionico put out to the oculus? Med, high, ultra?

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks, that's really good to see and also to hear you played it wireless with VD. I'm looking forward to HLA very much. I loved HL2 and episodes. Given up waiting for HL3 but HLA more than makes up for that.
What graphic settings can the ionico put out to the oculus? Med, high, ultra?
I put it to the max in VD. I guess I could have even better results if I pluged an ethernet cable to the ionico or use a USB C cable to link Quest to Ionico