PC Game Deals!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
well i see, tell me more

Beavers be Dammed is a two player local co-op game in which two beavers perform heists under time pressure to steal wood from a sawmill under crazy circumstances!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Atomic Heart has been out all of five minutes and already has its first discount. Virtually all of the reviews seem to think it's well optimised, so runs in a good state, but doesn't seem to know quite what it wants to be. It's beautiful but dull, just like that ex-girlfriend you still have fond memories of.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Atomic Heart has been out all of five minutes and already has its first discount. Virtually all of the reviews seem to think it's well optimised, so runs in a good state, but doesn't seem to know quite what it wants to be. It's beautiful but dull, just like that ex-girlfriend you still have fond memories of.

always makes me laugh how quick games go on sale or with a discount, remember the old days when buying in a store meant waiting forever for a discount

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
always makes me laugh how quick games go on sale or with a discount, remember the old days when buying in a store meant waiting forever for a discount
Or remember the days when you got a physical product that could be passed on to siblings or sold/traded at your local games shop.

Now even the physical product tends to be a download code, and you have no right to re-sell it.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
always makes me laugh how quick games go on sale or with a discount
I lean both ways when it comes to this - ooer!

Bigger budget games offering discounts early is usually a bad sigh, as it suggests lower sales than forecast and so the bean counters are panicking and looking to build sales before the next big release happens and their game sales vanish in favour of the new shiny thing.

Indie games tend to offer a discount on preorders or very early on to try and grab the attention of people, as those kinds of games tend to live or die by word of mouth (Steam reviews, etc) as the budget just isn't there to market the game. That means the most effective way to sell larger numbers of games long-term is to increase the number of sales in the short term, by discounting early.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Or remember the days when you got a physical product that could be passed on to siblings or sold/traded at your local games shop.

Now even the physical product tends to be a download code, and you have no right to re-sell it.

to be honest i kind of preferred a physical box with a manual, seemed more satisfying

CMP01

Enthusiast

Aye. Runs great for the looks but just didn't entirely click with me and it's hard to quite place why tbh. It's more a number of little things (and would probably sound overly fussy if I elaborated) than any major flaw though.

Still, that it ran as well and had no bugs (for me anyway) first week is getting to be quite an achievement re AAA games so...

I mean, how's about that The Last of Us launch, eh?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
There’s also a puzzler called Shapez available. The ‘z’ in that title annoys me. It’s the behaviour of a complete arze.
Shapez is another one of the Factorio-type games where you're creating conveyor belts to feed things into machines and putting the outputs into other machines until you have a big confusing mess of machines and belts. Actually more fun than it sounds!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
a game with problems but might be worth 8.99

this has been getting great steam reviews