PC does not recognise printer Win7 64bit

johcri

I received the new machine a week ago and am still fighting with incompatailitites with Windows 7 64bit :-(
I am unable to get an Epson printer/scanner working correctly. My DX6000 failed to communicate even after downloading Epson's latest Win7 64bit drivers.
So, today I bought a Win7 compatible Epson SX218. The first CD driver install didn't work. Downloaded/installed Epson's latest detect software - download 64bit drivers........ almost working....... first it took a change of lead Epson-PC.... even then the print function continues to stall half way thru a page. It scans Ok but it seems the PC is not communicating well with the printer - any ideas please?

Sleinous

Author Level
Did you also install the Epson scan drivers?

http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printe...SX218/Drivers-Support?supportLandingPage=true

and these are the windows 7 64bit drivers for your Epson DX6000

DX6000.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PCS

johcri

Yep, had used that but finally it's up n running after install/unistall 8 times, change lead, change USB port............. just as others have said about Epson/Win7,,, it takes time.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Yep, in future make sure you sweep away the old epson drivers before you try again, with driver sweeper because basically what you did by changing USB port is by using a new USB profile, what I mean is, often if you switch all your usb devices around after moving your comp or something, when you reboot you'll often notice a few reinstalling drivers, even though they were fine on the other ports. So, by using a diff port and installing those drivers, it worked.

Also, usually with Epson, you have to install the driver to the system and THEN plug the printer in. Which printer worked btw? The DX6000 SHOULD work with those drivers I gave you, if you do what I just said.

johcri

Hi Slei, The new SX218 finally worked and with the Epson driver from the Epson auto-detect page that you showed. But from what you say I think the prob was perhaps old drivers (although I had done uninstall) and probably something linked to the USB1 port that I used for old and new printers - I did not realise that a configuration stayed with a USB port, will remember that in future and checkout driver sweeper.
I will not now risk all by trying to reinstall the DX6000, which is still a perfectly working printer/scanner, and little used ...... anyone want it for £20 plus shipping?
Thanks again.