Outlast

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Has anyone of you played Outlast 1 (DLC as well) or Outlast 2?

I played all of them and love them!

Currently, this year they should release "Outlast Trials", which will differ from the previous 2 titles by a lot

D

Deleted member 41971

Has anyone of you played Outlast 1 (DLC as well) or Outlast 2?

I played all of them and love them!

Currently, this year they should release "Outlast Trials", which will differ from the previous 2 titles by a lot

I have and I thought both games were really good and unique, my favourite was outlast 1 but would like to see a remaster considering outlast 1 came out in 2013. Outlast trials looks interesting but I will have to judge it when its released.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have and I thought both games were really good and unique, my favourite was outlast 1 but would like to see a remaster considering outlast 1 came out in 2013. Outlast trials looks interesting but I will have to judge it when its released.
Outlast 1 has that unique feeling while playing, where you feel constantly in trouble, like something is gonna happen. The soundtrack is very well done as well, giving that extra touch. Man, remember Chris Walker? He was so annoying 😂

It's a terrifying game

D

Deleted member 41971

Outlast 1 has that unique feeling while playing, where you feel constantly in trouble, like something is gonna happen. The soundtrack is very well done as well, giving that extra touch. Man, remember Chris Walker? He was so annoying 😂

It's a terrifying game

just imagine if outlast 1 was in 4k, it would scare the living daylights out of anyone, :poop:💀👻

I found this interesting

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got both Outlast and Outlast 2, but haven't really had the time to get through them yet, I've played a bit of the first one and it really freaked me out just finding my way around the basement.

They perfectly encapsulated that state where you're so afraid that you can hear your hearbeat in your ears and it stops you from hearing stuff around you.

Sends shivers down my spine!

D

Deleted member 41971

I've got both Outlast and Outlast 2, but haven't really had the time to get through them yet, I've played a bit of the first one and it really freaked me out just finding my way around the basement.

They perfectly encapsulated that state where you're so afraid that you can hear your hearbeat in your ears and it stops you from hearing stuff around you.

try playing it with good quality headphones

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ...

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Did you play it with a completely dark room and surround headset on? I did :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I love horror games and I can say Outlast is one of the most scary games out there
Have you tried the original F.E.A.R.? It's quite old now, but still an incredible game, highly recommend, it's what got me into horror games (aside from Silent Hill of course).

D

Deleted member 41971

I love horror games and I can say Outlast is one of the most scary games out there

for me its a lost art, i.e. creating and designing a game that is truly scary, its not all about using guns and loads of respswning NPCs, the true horror games and also films use subtle techniques and a lot of the scares are in the mind of the viewer if that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 41971

Have you tried the original F.E.A.R.? It's quite old now, but still an incredible game, highly recommend, it's what got me into horror games (aside from Silent Hill of course).

condemned was also a scary game on consoles a while ago

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
for me its a lost art, i.e. creating and designing a game that is truly scary, its not all about using guns and loads of respswning NPCs, the true horror games and also films use subtle techniques and a lot of the scares are in the mind of the viewer if that makes sense.
Exactly, in Outlast the nice thing is you can't fight back and the games tries to unduce you into a psychological fear

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's what I loved about FEAR, you had the shooter aspect which was fine, but then the horror took over, and it wasn't really in your face horror, it was really subtle sounds and quick visions in the corners of your eyes, and it just got creepier and creepier.

Another game you HAVE to play with headphones.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I tend to not like "horror games" where you can fight back with guns. Example, I never liked the Resident Evil saga. I find it "not scary"

But I never played F.E.A.R.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Too much fantasy. I like horror games to be something that could really happen, something close to us

Yeah I know, I'm a bit picky with horror games :D
Devotion may be worth a look, it's quite trippy, but very isolated and real life type stuff: