I've ordered this 2 days ago:

Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8H67-M LX SI (NEW REV 3.0): M-ATX, USB 2.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2 x PCI
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
640GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD6402AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£49)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TX SERIES (TX750) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£86)
Processor Cooling
INTEL SOCKET LGA1155/1156 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£19)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE Need For Speed™ World Starter Pack with any Nvidia® GTS450 or above!
Quantity

Today i've decided to treat myself (i've been promoted at work) and so i've amended my order......
The CPU is now a i7 2600
and GPU is GTX 570

:)))))

Let me know what you all think !

fillus

Thanks!
But now i have a doubt... Should i increase psu or get bigger case?
Maybe i'm just paranoid...

Nickosaurus

with a 560ti i think 750W would be ok. But with a gtx 570... if you want a future upgrade to SLI then I would recommend at least 850W psu.. its only £13 more or so.

My opinion on the case is that you dont need to splash out more on it unless you are concerned with looks / better airflow for future overclocking.

fillus

what if i'm not going to overclock or go SLI? would i be ok with what i've got? Th eonly thing i might do (in a couple of years) it's change GPU (but keeping only one and not SLI)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
The CM690 MKII is one of the most popular cases (at least on the forums...youd have to get Mod to tell if that translates to their actual sales), and would most likely be fine for future upgrades, but as ever the disclaimer of "Noone knows for sure - thats why its called the future" applies :D

Phil_B

I think it depends on where it is in the whole process. I amended mine the day after I ordered and it made no difference that I can tell, once it goes to build though I think you have to pay extra and probably wait some more as they may need to unbuild whats been done and get new parts.

fillus

i've amended it when it was still in processing so i should be fine... i was just wondering because it has been all week in processing, that's it.

Meds

Thanks!
But now i have a doubt... Should i increase psu or get bigger case?
Maybe i'm just paranoid...

Keep the spec as it is. The case is great, it will cool the components very well and with the Motherboard you've selected you can't overclock or add another GTX570 in Sli so the TX750 will be fine.

fillus

now i'm really happy with my choice :).
I thought the normal FAN wouldn't be enough but apparently if i don't OC it will do just fine..

fillus

After 6 long days of processing i was expecting at least the same for pre-production (especially after reading many of you in the forums saying that is usually the longest bit..)
instead... just after 1 day!!!!! BUILDING!!!!!
YEAHHHHH

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Nice one man! should fly through from building to testing maybe even QC if your lucky :D

fillus

finger crossed..
just one question: when i check my order it says : ORDER ASSEMBLED, awaiting for INTEL FAN STANDARD COLLING etc..
does it mean the fan is out of stock?

fillus

Ummmh.. I've just received another email from PCS saying that there was an update about my order..
Now if i log in my page and i check it still says its in building but the bit with the fan being out of stock has disappeared..
Is it possible that they could get stock only half a day later?

Sie

Gold Level Poster
maybe the note was there due to out of stock at that moment in the production line and were already expecting a delivery today or tomorrow.

Xire01

Exact same thing happened to me regarding my ram. Yesterday i got an email saying out of stock. 3 hours later i got one that had it removed :turned: