One-liners

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
FB_IMG_1667062513089.jpg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's a pity they didn't learn about the 'rolling' method of fitting duvet covers.
A bit late for that now I expect 😊
Personally I've never understood what the problem is, just crunch the cover up, so you can put the top corner of the duvet in the top corner of the cover pull the bottom of the cover down to bottom of duvet, do the same on the other side, then struggle doing the buttons up....😂😂😂😂

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Ah, you've never come across the rolling method either then.
Sorry about the initial ad
I use this way, but standing at the foot of my bed. Roll up some, drag it down, roll some more, etc.
Then just some vigorous shaking to get it unrolled, after unrolling the first foot :D
There are several videos on how to do it, this is just one of the least OTT ones.
P.S. the open end is at the head of the bed when I start rolling :)

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ah, you've never come across the rolling method either then.
Sorry about the initial ad
I use this way, but standing at the foot of my bed. Roll up some, drag it down, roll some more, etc.
Then just some vigorous shaking to get it unrolled, after unrolling the first foot :D
There are several videos on how to do it, this is just one of the least OTT ones.
P.S. the open end is at the head of the bed when I start rolling :)
I reckon I'd have or sorted doing it my way quicker (apart from the buttons)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Now this is for the old gits on here. You have to be a certain age to remember the TV advert. For you young 'uns, here's the advert. The important bit (the song) is near the end, at 2:47. Us old gits can still sing it from memory. All set now, well here goes....

A man goes into a restaurant and is welcomed by the head waiter.
"Good evening Sir, my name is Gervais and I'll be your waiter this evening".
When the man is seated, Gervais asks what he'd like to eat this evening.
The man says he fancies some seafood, so Gervais shows him the fish tank where they keep live fish.
"You pick the fish you like and our chef will prepare it for you" says Gervais, beaming.
The man looks at all the fish, but he chooses a light green coloured squid, curled up in the bottom corner of the tank.
Gervais is a bit put out that the man doesn't want any of his lovely fish, but he scoops out the squid as instructed.

In the kitchen Gervais lays the squid out on the chopping block and raises the cleaver.
The little squid looks up at Gervais and tears form in the squid's eyes.
The squid's upper lip, with a little moustache over it, starts to quiver.
Gervais loses his nerve, he can't kill this poor little squid.
So Gervais calls over Hans, a big German who does the washing up in the restaurant.
Gervais figures that Hans will have no trouble dispatching the squid.

Hans raises the cleaver and the little squid looks up at him, pleading with his eyes.
His top lip, and that little moustache, is still quivering.
Hans looks into the squid's eyes, and a feeling of shame comes over him.
He hands the cleaver to Gervais and walks back to his sink.

And the moral is.....

Hans that do dishes can be soft as Gervais, with mild green hairy lip squid.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Now this is for the old gits on here. You have to be a certain age to remember the TV advert. For you young 'uns, here's the advert. The important bit (the song) is near the end, at 2:47. Us old gits can still sing it from memory. All set now, well here goes....

A man goes into a restaurant and is welcomed by the head waiter.
"Good evening Sir, my name is Gervais and I'll be your waiter this evening".
When the man is seated, Gervais asks what he'd like to eat this evening.
The man says he fancies some seafood, so Gervais shows him the fish tank where they keep live fish.
"You pick the fish you like and our chef will prepare it for you" says Gervais, beaming.
The man looks at all the fish, but he chooses a light green coloured squid, curled up in the bottom corner of the tank.
Gervais is a bit put out that the man doesn't want any of his lovely fish, but he scoops out the squid as instructed.

In the kitchen Gervais lays the squid out on the chopping block and raises the cleaver.
The little squid looks up at Gervais and tears form in the squid's eyes.
The squid's upper lip, with a little moustache over it, starts to quiver.
Gervais loses his nerve, he can't kill this poor little squid.
So Gervais calls over Hans, a big German who does the washing up in the restaurant.
Gervais figures that Hans will have no trouble dispatching the squid.

Hans raises the cleaver and the little squid looks up at him, pleading with his eyes.
His top lip, and that little moustache, is still quivering.
Hans looks into the squid's eyes, and a feeling of shame comes over him.
He hands the cleaver to Gervais and walks back to his sink.

And the moral is.....

Hans that do dishes can be soft as Gervais, with mild green hairy lip squid.
Now that is bad in a good way