On boot only 2 ram sticks light up

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi guys, so I had to do a clean install of windows cause I forgot to wipe 1 partition that came with PCS Windows test system and it was causing me some issues. Now when I boot up the PC, only 2 of my 4 RAM sticks turn on their RGB, after I get into desktop all 4 of them light up as soon as iCUE boots. What could it be? Just to clarify: all 4 sticks are detected as I can see in BIOS and in Windows

While clean installing, I managed to wipe all partitions again just in case, since as I said I was having some issues.

EDIT: sorted it out. The issue was lying in iCUE, which in RAM menu had “hardware lighting" set to all but it wasn't, so I clicked "all" again" and now it's ok. Hope this can be useful to someone else :)

Even tho I solved it, I find it still weird they didn’t all light up but only 2. I remember when I got the PC and clean installed it (forgetting - not noticing that one partition I left) they used to all light up even before I got iCUE installed. Maybe there is some other solution as well?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

Even tho I solved it, I find it still weird they didn’t all light up but only 2. I remember when I got the PC and clean installed it (forgetting - not noticing that one partition I left) they used to all light up even before I got iCUE installed. Maybe there is some other solution as well?

would all 4 light up when i cue is uninstalled, i.e. was a setting in icue stopping 2 out the 4 lighting up, and as you changed the setting it now works

Last edited by a moderator:

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
would all 4 light up when i cue is uninstalled, i.e. was a setting in icue stopping 2 out the 4 lighting up, and as you changed the setting it now works

If anyone else knows what might be another solution, feel free to let me know. As I said in my original post, I might remember wrong, but when I got the PC, before even installing iCUE, all 4 sticks would light up instead of only 2. It works now since I’ve changed that setting in iCUE, but still curious

Bigfoot

Grand Master
There may be something strange going on with iCue. When my new PC arrived, the RGB was running on the front fans of my 500D SE. Once I had opened iCue, the RGB stopped working, even though I made no changes. This remained the case until I made some changes in iCue.