OMG Akasa venom toxic

NMEBowen

Master Poster
its another marmite case currently im swaying between the thermaltake level 10 gt and the very expensive silverstone temjin both very nice and practical in my eyes but due to price i think im going for the thermaltake.

1380109-a.jpg 1546505-a.jpg

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I just found this on techpowerup

Pretty disappointing really, loving the yellow, but what's the crack with one white 220mm fan? one yellow 140mm and one black 220mm fan?

only one usb 3.0 on the front, doesn't bother me but alot of users would be bothered, akasa should have realised that.

still want one tho

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Just found this. [video=youtube;igVFEvuk_JI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=igVFEvuk_JI[/video]

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
thanks, good vid, cant wait to get this case, although gonna have barely any room for it, are these cases really that big, it just seems crazy how big they are measurements wise, its meant to be basically 2 30cm rulers height and depth, thats huge, is the sniper actually that big?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks, good vid, cant wait to get this case, although gonna have barely any room for it, are these cases really that big, it just seems crazy how big they are measurements wise, its meant to be basically 2 30cm rulers height and depth, thats huge, is the sniper actually that big?

yeah it looks ace, I want the case too!

It does seem pretty big, inside it looks massive!

Yeah the sniper is big, but this is bigger. It has ten expansion slots whereas the sniper has 7. Will be a beast for sli setups!
ps thanks for the rep. :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
np, kinda wanted to see how many i give as a one off, i couldnt believe it was 7!!

but seriously, it seems that there will be about a 10cm between my desk and the top of the case, and its not a short desk either, and will stick out about 15cm from the edge of my desk, so im gonna put it against the wall side on, although it will be a bit hard to change any plugs because the surge protector is behind it, awkward :/ lol i say this to everyone as soon as i talk about the case, it will be much better when i can finally get my room redone, will be plenty of room for the case then, its a shame about the tattoo on the other side really you never see it

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
but seriously how high is the sniper, the measurements just cant seem real, its annoying, and a mini PC just doesnt work for me, no SLi and a lack of CPU options

tom_gr7

Life Serving
but seriously how high is the sniper, the measurements just cant seem real, its annoying, and a mini PC just doesnt work for me, no SLi and a lack of CPU options

the snipers 551 mm, but remember the top and bottom have the little gaps in, so ya would lose some space there.

How do you plan to set ya up venom toxic?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the snipers 551 mm, but remember the top and bottom have the little gaps in, so ya would lose some space there.

How do you plan to set ya up venom toxic?

i know the height, i just mean, was it a big surprise when you saw the actual size? i measured it and just thought, that must be wrong?

and what do you mean set it up?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i know the height, i just mean, was it a big surprise when you saw the actual size? i measured it and just thought, that must be wrong?

and what do you mean set it up?

not really a size,

I mean like, how are you going to set ya fans etc?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
just gonna stick with how its set up for a while, then when i can be bothered, ill get 4 yellow fans for the side, its ashame they are so expensive compared to other fans, nearly £50 for four fans

tom_gr7

Life Serving
just gonna stick with how its set up for a while, then when i can be bothered, ill get 4 yellow fans for the side, its ashame they are so expensive compared to other fans, nearly £50 for four fans

yeah but they are beasts! I have 7 vipers already lol!

I'm going to wait to see if they release a up dated model, fully covered with dust filters, only the bottom has one I think.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the front has one as well, there is obviously no need for back or top really

annoying about the white LED, a bit stupid really, maybe a plain black fan, but not a white LED, going completely against the colour theme, oh well, i dont care, still looks great and thats all i care about

tom_gr7

Life Serving
annoying about the white LED, a bit stupid really, maybe a plain black fan, but not a white LED, going completely against the colour theme, oh well, i dont care, still looks great and thats all i care about

Yea I agree, it does look good and that is what matters.

I will try and pick one up next year maybe, along with the new venom voodoo cooler. I will place the black 230mm fan where the white one is, get two 140mm viper fans for the top exhaust. Then fill all the other spare fan slots with the vipers I ready have. Will use my hard drive cage to house my sdd and hdd, remove the hot swap bays to prevent the blocking any airflow. add my fan controller. Maybe upgrade my psu if I can afford it, ready for another palit 580.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it cost £118 on amazon i think or near enough to that

if you havent already seen my pics make sure to check em out in the pics section