:( Oh Dear...Problems already.

LDUK

Master Poster
Hi guys :)
Got my PC today. Just a little disappointed.

So, the first thing I did was open the box and take pictures. Then I opened the panel of my sexy new PC, only to find one of the sound cards missing :(
I got the Asus HDAV 1.3, which actually consists of 2 sound cards. But one was missing.
So i thought, ah I'll just let PCS know and they'll send me the other part.
So I decided to boot the PC up and see how it was. But for some reason, it decided not to read the 1TB HDD. So I went inside, and made sure everything was plugged in securely. Tried again, and nothing. I added a couple of other drives and they work fine. I decided to use another sata cable. No. Another Sata port. No. It's turns on, you can feel it vibrating, it just won't show on my PC. And other HDDs work.
Any ideas?

Gorman

Author Level
So I decided to boot the PC up and see how it was. But for some reason, it decided not to read the 1TB HDD. So I went inside, and made sure everything was plugged in securely. Tried again, and nothing. I added a couple of other drives and they work fine. I decided to use another sata cable. No. Another Sata port. No. It's turns on, you can feel it vibrating, it just won't show on my PC. And other HDDs work.
Any ideas?

When its plugged in and your in windows goto start and the little search bar. Type "create and format" then click on the result.

This is the old school disk management console. It will show all attached drives. Screenie please, if you want to email it rather than upload fire to [email protected]

PaulH

Bright Spark
Also, the HDAV doesnt include 2 soundcards the HDAV deluxe has the daughterboard :( - we dot initialise the second disk as you may want to give it your own drive letter / create partitions.

LDUK

Master Poster
When its plugged in and your in windows goto start and the little search bar. Type "create and format" then click on the result.

This is the old school disk management console. It will show all attached drives. Screenie please, if you want to email it rather than upload fire to [email protected]

Lol, I was litterally just there to see if I could find it. Send you the pic.

Zeplini

^Paul H is correct the card you orded luke is a single card and the deluxe version comes with the second card.

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
Also, the HDAV doesnt include 2 soundcards the HDAV deluxe has the daughterboard :( - we dot initialise the second disk as you may want to give it your own drive letter / create partitions.

Oh right lol. My bad. Sorry. Not sure about the HDD though, still not working :(

LDUK

Master Poster
Everybody, everything is sorted. And look how fast that was lol! Sound card is fine, I'm just missing parts of my brain. New HDD coming tomorrow. Simple.

Thanks for all the help guys, your awesome sauce!

PaulH

Bright Spark
Good to speak to you Luke mate, any furthur problems dont hesitate to telephone us at the call centre, we are the ones who do the most here anyways :)

Gorman

Author Level
Good to speak to you Luke mate, any furthur problems dont hesitate to telephone us at the call centre, we are the ones who do the most here anyways :)

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

serious_cat_2.jpg

LDUK

Master Poster

Yeah, you too pal. Ok, will do. I'm just happy it was all so simple. The HDD is all wrapped up and ready to go :)

Meds

Sorry I to hear about the faulty HDD mate, keep us updated on how you get on today with the new one!

PaulH

Bright Spark
Well we dont stock the asus sound cards now i dont think :( - however - I have a little HDAV Deluxe sat here on my desk :) - not boxed but all here - if you want to pay the difference of £43 I can get this to you! - want me to give you a call Luke? (youd have to return the old card with all the leads and gubbins etc)

LDUK

Master Poster
I need to do a few more tests. So far, it does keep messing up with the sound card in, but has been fine without. I moved the soundcard to another PCI slot and it was working fine...at first. So I'm just going to go through the day without it to see if anything happens. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if it doesn't mess up without. If it does with in the next hour or so, I'll let you know then.