Nvidia Shield

paul1224

Not sure if this is in the right section so any Mods please move if needed.

When my 6 year old PC eventually gives up the ghost I was considering a laptop for better portability and then I was considering a tablet due to the basics of what I use my PC for. However now I am considering the Nvidia Shield and just wanted to see if PCS or any other forum members have any comments to help me decide on the following:

1. I really only use the PC for Football Manager and the internet so feel that the Nvidia Shield should give me those basic options at a fraction of the cost and I can easily hook it up to a HD TV for a bigger screen when required. Does anyone foresee any issues with using the Shield for these uses?

2. When I go to configure the Shield on the PCS website in the guff about the device it states 'get the ultimate bundle offers now, Get The Green Box game bundle FREE when you buy your SHIELD Tablet!' When I go on the configurator there is no mention of this, can anyone explain what this offer is?

3. Can anyone explain what the difference is between the wifi Shield and the LTE version? I know one is 16GB and one 32GB and the wifi one only allows internet connection when connected to a wifi but am having trouble understanding about the LTE version and the internet connection. Does it mean I can use the internet connection like my mobile phone anywhere I am with or without hooking up to wifi? If so do you have to pay per month for internet usage and with who?

4. Do you get the mini HDMI connector to hook up to a HD TV with the device or do you have to buy this separately?

5. Has anyone purchased the Shield and what do they think of it?

Thanks

Last edited: