Noctua NF-P12

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Does anyone know if it is possible to control the fan speeds of the NF-P12 using Q-FAN whilst connected to the CPU Fan header? I have one connected and it seems to be running at full RPM despite SILENT mode being set up in bios.

Teaz

Godlike
it should im sure unless the fan doesnt have pwm function since its a 3pin connector? have you checked its speed rpm its running at? if it doesnt work then you may just need to use its adaptors to lower its speeds.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
It shows it is running at circa 1300 rpm. When connected to the Chassis fan header with Q-Fan enabled it runs at 900rpm. It seems like I cannot control the fan speed when connected to the CPU fan header without resorting to using the adaptors.

Teaz

Godlike
Have you tried changing other profile speeds for the Q-fan/fan xpert? just to check that it can be adjusted and runs in different rpm.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Not sure what you mean Teaz. What I have done so far is connected the NF-P12 to the CPU fan header and set the Q-fan to 'STANDARD', 'SILENT', 'TURBO' or 'MANUAL' and on all occasions the fan has run at 1300rpm.