No User/Administrator account.

MartynB

I ran a back ip from Win 7 Pro yesterday which skipped some files that it could not find. These sat in the users/administrators folder which on checking I cant find ether.
Should i have one? or do i tweek the back up to exclude the folder? or simply ignore the error?

Thanks for any assistance.

Martyn

steaky360

Unless you set up win 7 yourself (and did something odd lol) I'm sure you will be the administrator so you do have an account. As you suggested try ignoring the files/excluding them see if it backs up correctly

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
I get too your not the only 1 mate I have used the backup and it worked fine so I think to ignore it

MartynB

I get too your not the only 1 mate I have used the backup and it worked fine so I think to ignore it

I think that the account is disabled by default in Win 7. You can enable it by following the instructions below, however at start up you then have to choose the Admin account or your own.

Step 1: Enabling the Administrator Account in Windows 7 (Hidden by default)

Open the Start menu and in the search type lusrmgr.msc and press return

In the Local Users and Groups window that has just opened. Left click on the folder titled Users on the left hand side. This should then display a list of accounts (Administrator, Guest etc.)

Right click on the administrator account and got to properties. In the Administrator Properties window, un-tick the Account is disabled check box

Reboot

Though I would let you know the outcome...

Martyn