Nividia driver update causing blackscreen

So I recently had to reinstall windows because of a Windows 10 update causing black screen. I've now discovered a new error with Nivida drivers.

I downloaded GeForce experience again and updated my drivers and it caused a blackscreen with a cursor. I used task manager to get into device manager and roll back the updated. Now it's working again.

Any ideas on how to fix the driver update?

Thanks

p.s. Quite sick of Nivida and Windows at the moment.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I recently had to reinstall windows because of a Windows 10 update causing black screen. I've now discovered a new error with Nivida drivers.

I downloaded GeForce experience again and updated my drivers and it caused a blackscreen with a cursor. I used task manager to get into device manager and roll back the updated. Now it's working again.

Any ideas on how to fix the driver update?

Thanks

p.s. Quite sick of Nivida and Windows at the moment.
When you update your graphics drivers do you select a clean install or just install over the top?

It’s really important to select a clean install with every update otherwise issues will start to mount up.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Which update was it? That's most unusual and since you also talk of an Nvidia driver problem I'm wondering whether the two things are connected? I really don't believe in coincidences. :)

In your position I would do a clean install of Windows from bootable media, deleting existing partitions, and allow Windows Update to find and install all drivers. If it's black screening in that state then it's almost certainly a hardware issue.

I decided to reset completely and it seems to have worked. I think Windows 10 is causing a lot of problems for me ever since I got this laptop.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you mean a "reset" rather than a clean reinstall you may well find yourself still experiencing problems down the line and needing to perform a clean reinstall of Windows 10 down the line.