new pc

steveuk87

Super Star
argh now it wont come on!! the pc start but the monitor wont pick anything up, tried 2 monitors (old pc one which has displayed it before, and my new HD one) tried VGA and HD cables but none pick up the signal!! AGRHHHHHHH turning out to be a right pain in the arse!!

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
As its been playing games with us since it first arrived i would be tempted to let us have a look at it. For now try reseating the ram to see if it will post with just one stick etc.

but i do get the feeling somethings gone awry somewhere and needs to be fixed. :mad:

steveuk87

Super Star
rite ok, started when just 1 outa 4 of my Ram chips was in place. but wouldnt start up.. so i put all 4 in there and then the monitor again wouldnt start... so i took them back out 1 by 1 till i got to my last one, and lone behold still not working! i'll have another few goes, but if i keep turning the power on and off like this will i currupt something?? :/

Steve

steveuk87

Super Star
ok just tested the RAM, all 4 chips work on their own... so i decided to test each RAM port, only the first port seems to be working As there is no BIOS beep and no signal being sent through to the monitor.. should i do an RMA? and whats the ETA??

Steve

Zeplini

Hi steve sorry about the trouble, you could try inserting one stick and going into the bios, set the ram to 1600mhz, with the timmings 9-9-9-24 and dram voltage of 1.65 save and exit, once the pc reboots turn it off and re-seat the rest of the ram and try again, if you are not sure on this then please call our support in the morning as they can talk you through it or sort out a RMA for you, im not sure on current turn arround times as i dont work in that dept.

Gorman

Author Level
Well im really hoping it runs stable now, if it does seem iffy please do let us have a look at it...

4788149798_7422c1f990_b.jpg

steveuk87

Super Star
iffy is not the word up till now i have been really reluctant to send it back but unfortuntly i have no choice going to put in a RMA tomorrow.. is there any chance it can be picked up from my place of work instead of home??

Steve

Meds

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing problems with your new PC. If you call Tech Support on 0844 499 4000 today, they will be able to book the RMA for you, we can collect from your work address, no problem.