New pc keeps crashing

Wordyspy

Hello I just got my pc yesterday and it keeps crashing. I have only installed steam and Norton 360 for gamers. I updated my GeForce driver and did a system windows update. I have it on the desk and the airflow appears fine. It also just crashed while I was downloading genshin impact. While I played 30 minutes of bannerlord it was fine but then the game crashed and since then the pc randomly had to reset because of a problem. I haven’t downloaded anything or gone online to websites besides the steam website. Any advice would help.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
First off can you please post your full system specs from the order page so we know what we're looking at?

And just a FYI Norton is practically a virus so step one I'd remove all trace of it, Windows Defender is free with Windows and just as good at protecting your machine with none of the crazy resource hogging of third party AV's

Wordyspy

First off can you please post your full system specs from the order page so we know what we're looking at?

And just a FYI Norton is practically a virus so step one I'd remove all trace of it, Windows Defender is free with Windows and just as good at protecting your machine with none of the crazy resource hogging of third party AV's
Here’s the specs. I just uninstalled Norton too.
Case

LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)

Intel® Core™ i7 16-Core Processor i7-13700KF (3.4GHz) 30MB Cache

Motherboard

ASUS® TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready

Memory (RAM)

32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)

Graphics Card

10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR

Get Warhammer 40K: Darktide with select GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs!

1st M.2 SSD Drive

500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)

2nd M.2 SSD Drive

1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 7300MB/R, 6000MB/W)

1st Storage Drive

1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

Power Supply

CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Power Cable

1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)

Processor Cooling

Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Thermal Paste

STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

LED Lighting

50cm ARGB LED Strip

Sound Card

ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Card

10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

USB/Thunderbolt Options

MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Operating System

Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

Operating System Language

United Kingdom - English Language

Windows Recovery Media

Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account

Office Software

FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)

Anti-Virus

NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Browser

Microsoft® Edge

Warranty

3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery

2 - 3 DAY DELIVERY TO REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

Build Time

Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days

Wordyspy

Remove Norton for a start....

Are there any errors logged in the Windows Event Viewer?
That’s what my event viewer says. As far as I’m aware the critical power is just from when the pc crashes.

Attachments

• BF6052EB-5D2C-4915-95EE-97A48755703C.jpeg
    BF6052EB-5D2C-4915-95EE-97A48755703C.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 79
  • 1FF8FA3F-53B7-4D23-91C7-51FD687465EF.jpeg
    1FF8FA3F-53B7-4D23-91C7-51FD687465EF.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 74

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Expand the tree on the left to show this:
1669724665794.png

You want to check for items with level Error in Application and System. You can use the filter option on the right to help filter it down:
1669724714852.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Here’s the specs. I just uninstalled Norton too.
Case

LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)

Intel® Core™ i7 16-Core Processor i7-13700KF (3.4GHz) 30MB Cache

Motherboard

ASUS® TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready

Memory (RAM)

32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)

Graphics Card

10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR

Get Warhammer 40K: Darktide with select GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs!

1st M.2 SSD Drive

500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)

2nd M.2 SSD Drive

1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 7300MB/R, 6000MB/W)

1st Storage Drive

1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

Power Supply

CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Power Cable

1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)

Processor Cooling

Corsair iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Thermal Paste

STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

LED Lighting

50cm ARGB LED Strip

Sound Card

ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Card

10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

USB/Thunderbolt Options

MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Operating System

Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

Operating System Language

United Kingdom - English Language

Windows Recovery Media

Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account

Office Software

FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)

Anti-Virus

NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Browser

Microsoft® Edge

Warranty

3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery

2 - 3 DAY DELIVERY TO REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

Build Time

Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days
You need to use the official norton uninstaller, won't work from add or remove programs

Wordyspy

You need to use the official norton uninstaller, won't work from add or remove programs
When I went in and hit uninstall it took me to the app and asked if I wanted to remove all my data or if I’m going to reinstall it after I hit the remove all it had to do a pc reset to put the change in place. Is that it uninstalling properly?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I went in and hit uninstall it took me to the app and asked if I wanted to remove all my data or if I’m going to reinstall it after I hit the remove all it had to do a pc reset to put the change in place. Is that it uninstalling properly?
No, as said, you need to use the official uninstaller, windows can't uninstall it.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think our resident BSOD debugger @ubuysa might be of help here, although I'm thinking after installing Norton and a "failed" uninstall, I'd personally would start afresh with a clean install of Windows..,..

Wordyspy

I think our resident BSOD debugger @ubuysa might be of help here, although I'm thinking after installing Norton and a "failed" uninstall, I'd personally would start afresh with a clean install of Windows..,..
I did a full reset and reinstalled windows and just me opening up edge and signing in again caused the pc to crash. 🤦‍♂️

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First off, did it crash at all before you installed Steam and Norton?

Did you run Windows Update as soon as you got it, until no more updates were found?

A Windows Reset is not the same as a reinstall. Reset does not replace the drivers for example, and third-party drivers are the most likely cause of crashes.

The best thing to do now is to start the PC in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode only Microsoft drivers are loaded, no third-party drivers are loaded. You will see a very different experience, your screen resolution will be clunky for example, because you're running on only Microsoft drivers, and some functionality may be missing.

If you can make it crash in Safe Mode then it's likely to be a hardware issue and you'll need to call PCS. If it doesn't crash in Safe Mode then the problem is most likely a third-party driver. A clean reinstall from bootable media, deleting all existing partitions, will give you a clean slate to start from again (be sure to run Windows Update after the install, until no more updates are found).

I would not install Norton again, nor any third-party antivirus tools. You don't need them and they are often just a faster way to a BSOD.

Wordyspy

First off, did it crash at all before you installed Steam and Norton?

Did you run Windows Update as soon as you got it, until no more updates were found?

A Windows Reset is not the same as a reinstall. Reset does not replace the drivers for example, and third-party drivers are the most likely cause of crashes.

The best thing to do now is to start the PC in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode only Microsoft drivers are loaded, no third-party drivers are loaded. You will see a very different experience, your screen resolution will be clunky for example, because you're running on only Microsoft drivers, and some functionality may be missing.

If you can make it crash in Safe Mode then it's likely to be a hardware issue and you'll need to call PCS. If it doesn't crash in Safe Mode then the problem is most likely a third-party driver. A clean reinstall from bootable media, deleting all existing partitions, will give you a clean slate to start from again (be sure to run Windows Update after the install, until no more updates are found).

I would not install Norton again, nor any third-party antivirus tools. You don't need them and they are often just a faster way to a BSOD.
So after I did the full wipe of the drives and reinstall windows I was able to get everything going and now it only crashes when I hop onto any game for longer then 10 minutes. I’ve tried putting the game settings lower then what it’s meant to be capable of and it still happens the screen freezes and it restarts the pc.
I didn’t install any third party antivirus and I made sure everything was updated before I even went and installed steam. I downloaded the GeForce experience so I could update the graphics card driver. I also did let windows update everything it could even the optional updates. I also installed armoury Crate for my motherboard as it’s the branded software and I updated its drivers too. So everything that can be updated appears to be updated.
I wasn’t able to do a test in safe mode as it didn’t include my graphics card so I wasn’t able hop on the games to see if it would work. I have a faint crackling sound I noticed when I start up a big game.
The options I chose for the reset was remove everything all apps settings and local reinstall of windows. I didn’t choose the clean drive option? Would choosing that Be what you mean?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I didn’t choose the clean drive option? Would choosing that Be what you mean?
lean install instructions for W11:

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch

Wordyspy

So the pc was completely wiped and I installed the usb windows 11 onto the pc and now it’s not giving me a WiFi option only Ethernet.

Wordyspy

During the install I was able to get a Ethernet cable and fix the problem I had to download the WiFi driver through intel. Even with the pc being fresh install with no data on it besides windows and plugged into Ethernet it crashed while downloading valorent. Before that I made sure all my drivers were updated and installed and windows updated everything it could. I think I might have to contact pcs and see about sending it back at this point.