New PC Build ordered! Check please, and any comments that come to mind.

target680

Bronze Level Poster
My main worry is the CPU cooler. Kind of wish i had goine with the Nactua? What do you guys think? Should i have them ammend the order to inculde for this?

Also the PSU did some checking around and it seems like 650 is more than enough. Also the website showed 568 W as max usage

Gonna be runnig 2 4k monitors. Playing most AAA games and then anything from csgo to Dayz

Yes 32GB is overkill. I have never had 32gb and always wanted it.

Case CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster Hyper 212 (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans3x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 ARGB + Controller Kit

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Would've gone with AMD as they are far better than Intel these days but there we go.

PSU: You need a 750w one as a minimum (that is what NVIDIA themselves advise) and I would go with the RMx variant as it's much better.

Case: I wouldn't at all want to run an Intel chip (even with a cooler like that) and a 3080 in such a small case given the heat output of the 3080 isn't fully known.

RAM: Your choice if you want to spend £100= on something that you won't use

Damn i didnt realse the case was so small? I thought they were all the same size.

I will ammed the order to allow for a lager case and 750W. Maybe also the proicessor cooling why i am at it.

I hope its easy to ammend an order. I only placed it today

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I will ammed the order to allow for a lager case and 750W.

I could sure go for a lager case right about now...
64D8ECA8-012E-469C-8CF2-1CBB3345D159.png

target680

Bronze Level Poster
You can amend your build on your main PCS account, no need to phone.

OMG Thanks i was panciking so much.

Any case recommendations.

Gonna just change the cpu cooler just in case. I want the best air flow i can. I definetly dont want liquid cooled

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Im definitely going to get something like the 680x when the time comes to upgrade, I love that one. Late at night (when I’ve had a lager case 😆) I’m occasionally tempted to just order one and transfer my current system into it. Although that’s making a bit of a mockery of PCS’s open case policy.

Yeah went with the larger case. My GF is going to kill me.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ah, I guess it’ll be a tough sell. After years of gaming on a closed black box I went a bit mad on my recent acquisition and got all the RGB, my desk looks like someone’s having a disco on it.

I got very lucky with my other half, I was a bit concerned about what she’d think of it but she just shouted ‘oooh, shiny!’ and played around with the iCue lighting software for about an hour seeing what patterns she could come up with 😆

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Ah, I guess it’ll be a tough sell. After years of gaming on a closed black box I went a bit mad on my recent acquisition and got all the RGB, my desk looks like someone’s having a disco on it.

I got very lucky with my other half, I was a bit concerned about what she’d think of it but she just shouted ‘oooh, shiny!’ and played around with the iCue lighting software for about an hour seeing what patterns she could come up with 😆

Marry that woman.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
She’s also started getting into gaming ever so slightly. She was obsessed with Untitled Goose Game for a fortnight or so, and now I’ve introduced her to Rayman Origins. AND she sat and watched me play Red Dead Redemption 2 for an hour the other night.

I still haven’t told her much the system and ultrawide monitor cost, though. I value my genitals too much 😶

target680

Bronze Level Poster
She’s also started getting into gaming ever so slightly. She was obsessed with Untitled Goose Game for a fortnight or so, and now I’ve introduced her to Rayman Origins. AND she sat and watched me play Red Dead Redemption 2 for an hour the other night.

I still haven’t told her much the system and ultrawide monitor cost, though. I value my genitals too much 😶

haha yeah its hard to explain why a monitor costs £800 pounds. Erm its 120hz 4k duh

O i also need 2 of them so they match btw

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Title says it all. I order a new pc today with the rtx 3080.

Wondering when the first batch will be released and we will start recieveing the PC's