NEW LAPTOP - Whats in the box?

PC49laptop

Bronze Level Poster
When I bought my previous laptop 2 years ago, it came with two booklets – a Welcome Booklet and a Concise User’s Guide(that had details of all ports et).
Also a CD that had manual,drivers etc on it.

A new laptop has only come with the same Welcome Booklet more suited to a Win10 desktop rather than a Win11 laptop & no CD.

Anyone know if they have or not received a relavent manual with CD for a laptop recently?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I bought my previous laptop 2 years ago, it came with two booklets – a Welcome Booklet and a Concise User’s Guide(that had details of all ports et).
Also a CD that had manual,drivers etc on it.

A new laptop has only come with the same Welcome Booklet more suited to a Win10 desktop rather than a Win11 laptop & no CD.

Anyone know if they have or not received a relavent manual with CD for a laptop recently?
I don't believe they supply manuals anymore, but you can ask for one from them if you require one.

Driver CD's don't exist anymore as drivers on purchase are already out of date by the time they are received, all drivers are in your online account these days.

Bhuna50

Author Level
When I ordered my laptop last year, hmm actually a bit longer ago than that November 2020, the Welcome Pack booklet was provided digitally in my download area.

You do not get a drivers CD or anything now and you will only get a Windows USB if you select it in the configuration - however, there is no point of this as you can just buy a USB and get the latest image for Windows (insert version number here) that you want.

Basically, you no longer get driver CDs / DVDs as within one or two months, they are out of date and Windows does a good job at keeping the majority of drivers up to date.

You will however have a downloads area with the initial drivers in and things like control centre in for future use if you need them.

It is quite rare now people use CDs/DVDs with drivers on etc and I dont actually think any of the laptops come with a DVD/CD drive in the chassis now.