New Hyte 240 AIO, THICC Q60

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hyte are just hitting new levels every time really.

This is their new 240mm AIO, and this is not just a rebranded Asetek cooler like almost all the ones on the market are, this is custom designed from the ground up

The pumps are built into the radiator and there are 2 of them also, which in theory should be really silent with very high flow rate. BUT it does mean the radiator is extra thick.

The bonus is though, they're not embelishing when they say they've done away with cables, there is basically one power cable running off this which goes directly into a PCIe 6 pin plug off a PSU (as you would use on a GPU), no SATA or Molex adapters required. All the fans are the new modular connectors, not cables.

But Hyte have also worked extremely hard on their Nexus control software, and have a look how intuitive setting up fan controls is at 12:15, I would conclusively say this is probably the most powerful and intuitive RGB / Fan control suite on the market currently.

It's going for $300, which for a first gen product with such a large display I don't think is that bad actually. First gen products are always expensive as they expect a smaller market plus have to reclaim large R&D costs

You have to see their marketing gumbo:

Why We Made This

• Cooling unlocks potential
  • Performance over patents
  • Cables are just super gross, so we got rid of like all the cables
  • THICC: Technology Harnessing Innovative Chonk for Cooling
  • Dropping temps like Country Riddim at a Four Tet show
  • “People turn the TV on, it looks just like a window”
That last bit is a reference to a song:

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's definitely the future of AIOs IMO, but it's not quite there for me to jump out for it. I love it all being built in and I don't mind the bulk on the radiator but that screen looks weird to me and isn't something I would have just yet. I think the aesthetic needs a bit more work for it to look elegant in a system. Just now it looks toy-ish.

All in one cabling & solution is a huge plus. I don't get how it's not already a thing.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Besides being forced to watch a PCS advert before viewing the video, I was disappointed that it was not the THICC I was expecting...
Q60.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That AIO is going to need some serious considerations around RAM module clearance if you want it top-mounted...otherwise it will have to be front- or bottom-mounted.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That AIO is going to need some serious considerations around RAM module clearance if you want it top-mounted...otherwise it will have to be front- or bottom-mounted.
And if you front mount it with some of the larger GPU's it could get tight, unless you have humongous case

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And if you front mount it with some of the larger GPU's it could get tight, unless you have humongous case
1000D (or a 6500) for the win?

...and unless the 5090/6090 comes in significantly longer than the 4090, then I've got 6" of space between the GPU and front of mine (although I couldn't front mount it anyway, but there's the option of side mounting it I suppose ;) ).