New Desktop any cd supplied?

PC49laptop

Bronze Level Poster
With a PCS laptop you get a CD with complete documentation, drivers etc BUT not with a DESKTOP?
Is this right , might need to have to do a re-install but no detailed book or disc supplied is this correct?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
With a PCS laptop you get a CD with complete documentation, drivers etc BUT not with a DESKTOP?
Is this right , might need to have to do a re-install but no detailed book or disc supplied is this correct?
Any build on windows 10 you let windows update install any drivers except graphics if you have a dedicated GPU

PC49laptop

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for reply, but if you don't have a list of what needs to be re-installed or what was installed in the original install?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for reply, but if you don't have a list of what needs to be re-installed or what was installed in the original install?
Like I said, you just let windows update install everything except gpu drivers which you get direct from nvidia or amd

PC49laptop

Bronze Level Poster
Ok thanks will work up the energy for a Desktop re-install, not used WIN 10 before, so fingers crossed.

While your there, I also have so many assorted event viewer errors on new laptop, hundreds in fact, advised by PCS to do a re-install. Do you know if the supplied CD is just in case drivers don't get installed with WIN 10?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok thanks will work up the energy for a Desktop re-install, not used WIN 10 before, so fingers crossed.

While your there, I also have so many assorted event viewer errors on new laptop, hundreds in fact, advised by PCS to do a re-install. Do you know if the supplied CD is just in case drivers don't get installed with WIN 10?
Yes and no. The supplied driver disk is just so you have the original drivers, but in the unlikely event that Windows Update doesn't install any you'd be wise to go to the chassis vendor (Clevo?) and get the latest drivers from there. The ones on that disk will be old now.