Neon lights

Hermi80

I'd like to see a choice of colours in the neon lighting that is available in some of the chassis that you offer. At present there seems to only be blue or red depending upon which chassis you choose. A wider choice of colours would help people to personalise their new 'rigs' further.

If this is indeed possible, I do realise that this would extend the lead times of each order as it would mean additional work, but then if you're buying a custom built PC you have to expect that :)

What do the rest of you guys think?

Nedulator

Personally I think it's a great idea after all with a custom build you really want something like that to truly show that it's your rig.

I for one am hoping PCS Pick up on this and add this option at the expense of longer lead times. Just that extra degree of personalisation will really appeal to many people i'm sure :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
the problem with having cathodes in ya rig is, well in my opinion, so feel free to disagree,

are a pretty cheap and come with cheap inverters that actually get very very hot, so for me thats like popping a an extra heat source in ya rig and i've heard/read in some extreme case, some have caught fire.

IF you want lights in ya pc, I'd suggest, Lamptron spectral bars, they cost a little more about 15 quid each, but they just plug straight into power supple via molex. I've connected mine to my fan controller, so I dont need to run them 100% of the time.

link - http://www.lamptron.com/products/view/Spectral_Bar

LewisMoore

Bronze Level Poster
Feedback noted - we will look into this in the coming months :)

Hey PCS, will their be an upgrade service in the future, like if I wanted these lights and upgrade some parts, could I send my system back to you to do the necessary upgrades?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
when it finally becomes stable id recommend the corsair link system, Im using it atm its a really good idea but riddled with issues. Total fan, lighting and power controlall on one program.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lighting, is a really easy addition a confident hardware enthusiast can do. I wouldn't recommend anyone to just jump straight in there, but its really straight forward.

I agree it would be nice for PCS to add to the upgrade service, however, Lighting isnt appropriate for every case/system. For example, if you have a case that doesn't have a side window, or a mesh panel you aint going to see any lighting in side the case. So it would be probable that in experienced users may want lighting, but are actually unsure of how it would look in their cases. Or it's even compatible.

I have used "cold cathodes" before these are pretty much neon lights, tech has moved on now, and its not recommended to use these in pc's. Due companies using cheap components such as inverters, they get super hot! not good. Now its better to go for LED lighting, in short they use micro inverters not external ones that get toasty.

Also cathodes need a ton of cables! LED's generally dont :)

I use two lamptron spectral bars - http://www.lamptron.com/products/view/Spectral_Bar
They just plug straight into a molex connector from your psu, stick it to the desired place, job done.
I connected mine to my fan controller, so I can turn them off or on. (note you need a decent fan controller and some custom cables for this, PM me if you need more info)

Alternatively you could go for sleeved LED kits, again mega simple. http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_accessories/sleeved_led_kit looks pretty much plug in and go.

Food for thought, but I would make sure your case has either a window or mesh panel so you can see inside.