MSI GTX 560 Ti TWIN FROZR II

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
I have the above graphics card and the minor bug I am having is that when I enter bios I do not get a full screen. There is a black border around the bios menu, I can see the whole bios menu though but small. There are no problems with the screen size when I enter into windows.

The monitor I have is BenQ V2220H, which I used with an AMD6870 previously without this problem. I have tried turning 'ON' overscan on my monitor which makes the bios screen a little larger but still does not fit the whole screen.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is there a fix for this?

I had the same problem with the EVGA GTX 560 Ti SOC which I exchanged for my MSI one for other reasons, namely noisy fans.

Mjau

I'm sorry for necroing this thread, i just happened to find this post with google recently.

I'm having similar problem with MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 card, dual fans version http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-M2D1GD5.html#?div=Overview

I was able to determine that the reason to it is faulty VGA BIOS of graphics card that doesn't support modern resolutions, thus mainboard BIOS doesn't get upscaled to fit the screen

I also run Arch Linux on my machine and use GRUB2 bootloader to switch between operating systems (dual boot).
In both Linux framebuffer virtual consoles and GRUB2 maximum resolution possible to get working is 1280x1024 (maximum resolution supported by gfx card BIOS) http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/uvesafb/faq.php

I contacted MSI online customer service asking to fix faulty BIOS and release an update, but they're just linking me to specifications, or not replying for a few days or trying to say that it was too hard for them to test graphics card on all different distributions of Linux, while the problem is not only not distribution specific, but not even Linux related, and they still should be able to fix it now but they're not going to do it.

I strongly advice against buying from MSI as it turns out they use false advertising and don't want to fix bugs so they don't really care about their customers.