Missing SATA cables

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi guys, I just realized that in my welcome kit there are a bunch of PSU cables but no SATA cables. My TXm 750 has 8 SATA cables when you purchase the PSU. Weird I got none with the welcome kit. What should I do?

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
Hi guys, I just realized that in my welcome kit there are a bunch of PSU cables but no SATA cables. My TXm 750 has 8 SATA cables when you purchase the PSU. Weird I got none with the welcome kit. What should I do?

The PSU will come with 2 cables that each have 4 SATA power connectors on them.

Going by the specs in your build, at least one of those cables must be connected to the PSU given that you have both a SSD and a normal mechanical hard drive installed. It's possible that those drives may even be connected to a different cables for cable management.

If you mean SATA data cables, most motherboards provide 2 of these, and again these will be in use by both your SSD and 1TB Barracuda drive.

When people refer to SATA cables, most mean those that transmit data. I've never known a PSU manufacturer to provide SATA data cables.

1621565969492.png

The SATA power cable for the PSU will look similar to below

1621566135546.png

Last edited:

steaky360

The TX750M can only support a maximum of 4off 'SATA' 6 pin connections - so just to put your mind at ease you shouldn't expect to find 8 separate cables. Any cables not used in the build but supplied with the equipment will be in the welcome pack.

As @ColEyt showed above in their post, each SATA power cable can supply power to 4off devices, so I'd expect you to receive 2off these (this is confirmed in the manual).

From Corsair website (the manual: https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/TXM_Manual.pdf )
1621579398619.png

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Asked this cause I wanted to connect a SATA cable and didn’t find any, while looking on Google, the box of PSU stated 8x SATA cables

steaky360

Asked this cause I wanted to connect a SATA cable and didn’t find any, while looking on Google, the box of PSU stated 8x SATA cables
So as I posted above, the manual for your PSU says you get 8 SATA power connectors which is not the same thing as 8 cables... you get 2 cables which each have 4 connections on them. Ideally the manual should be in your welcome pack too.

If you mean the data cable, its something else entirely (as @ColEyt showed above) ... do you have the 'data' cable and are just looking to power another device (assume a hard drive or SSD?).

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So as I posted above, the manual for your PSU says you get 8 SATA power connectors which is not the same thing as 8 cables... you get 2 cables which each have 4 connections on them. Ideally the manual should be in your welcome pack too.

If you mean the data cable, its something else entirely (as @ColEyt showed above) ... do you have the 'data' cable and are just looking to power another device (assume a hard drive or SSD?).
I need to power an ARGB GPU support bracket which uses SATA connection and not ARGB connector on motherboard

steaky360

I need to power an ARGB GPU support bracket which uses SATA connection and not ARGB connector on motherboard
As you've not got a spare cable in your welcome pack, you'll probably find that both the SATA power cables are already installed - perhaps the ARGB bracket cable can be routed to meet one of the existing SATA power connections (or vice versa, the cable could be routed to the bracket if needs be) - alternatively, an extension could be used if you buy one of those.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As you've not got a spare cable in your welcome pack, you'll probably find that both the SATA power cables are already installed - perhaps the ARGB bracket cable can be routed to meet one of the existing SATA power connections (or vice versa, the cable could be routed to the bracket if needs be) - alternatively, an extension could be used if you buy one of those.
First of all, thank you for the help you’re giving, since I didn’t thank you yet. Well, the only way I can power that bracket is via SATA, so you’re saying I should buy a SATA splitter?

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I don't think that's what @steaky360 is suggesting, he is offering that as an alternative solution, if you are unable to connect your device to one of the spare SATA power connectors on one of the cables from your PSU.

So you will still need to identify those cables within your case. The easiest way will be to trace the power connector from your hard drive/SSD.
If both those drives connect to the same cable from the PSU, then you should have 2 spare sata power connectors on that cable.

In addition you should have another psu cable with 4 sata power connectors, which may be installed and connected to another device in your machine or because that cable is modular, wont have been connected, in which case that should be in your welcome pack.

If it isn't then yes of course speak to PCS about it.

However we need to ensure what is connected to your psu first.

Does your psu look similar to this and if so how many of the connections within the yellow marking have cables plugged into them

750psu.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
First of all, thank you for the help you’re giving, since I didn’t thank you yet. Well, the only way I can power that bracket is via SATA, so you’re saying I should buy a SATA splitter?

Have you looked inside the case to find where the sata cables are connected at the moment?

What is being suggested is to see if you can re-route the cables while still leaving everything else plugged in. That way you can have everything plugged in at the same time without adding splitters.

If this isn't possible then a splitter would be a good option.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Have you looked inside the case to find where the sata cables are connected at the moment?

What is being suggested is to see if you can re-route the cables while still leaving everything else plugged in. That way you can have everything plugged in at the same time without adding splitters.

If this isn't possible then a splitter would be a good option.
I checked and they are connected to a mechanical HDD, 1 SSD, 1 commander core that came with the AIO, 1 commander core that came with case and 1 PWM repeater that came with case. Don’t know what else could be connected (obviously except GPU and motherboard being SATA connected)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I don't think that's what @steaky360 is suggesting, he is offering that as an alternative solution, if you are unable to connect your device to one of the spare SATA power connectors on one of the cables from your PSU.

So you will still need to identify those cables within your case. The easiest way will be to trace the power connector from your hard drive/SSD.
If both those drives connect to the same cable from the PSU, then you should have 2 spare sata power connectors on that cable.

In addition you should have another psu cable with 4 sata power connectors, which may be installed and connected to another device in your machine or because that cable is modular, wont have been connected, in which case that should be in your welcome pack.

If it isn't then yes of course speak to PCS about it.

However we need to ensure what is connected to your psu first.

Does your psu look similar to this and if so how many of the connections within the yellow marking have cables plugged into them

View attachment 26378
I checked this yesterday and if I’m not wrong I saw some empty spots over there

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I checked and they are connected to a mechanical HDD, 1 SSD, 1 commander core that came with the AIO, 1 commander core that came with case and 1 PWM repeater that came with case. Don’t know what else could be connected (obviously except GPU and motherboard being SATA connected)

Each cable has 4 power connectors on it.

2 cables must be connected to the PSU, as they should be.

With the devices connected, HDD, SSD, 2x Commander Core & 1 repeater, that suggests 5 connections currently being used, leaving 3 of them avaialble.

If you re-organise the connections you may be able to use one of them to power the bracket. If it's not possible, you will need an extension.

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
ok so of the 8 sata power connectors within the psu you are already using 5 of them, so that means that both those cables are connected.

so you have 3 spare connectors on those 2 cables. Are you able to re route the cables so that you can use one of the connectors to connect your argb bracket.

If not then probably a sata extension cable will be your best bet, to allow you to keep your cabling tidy.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
ok so of the 8 sata power connectors within the psu you are already using 5 of them, so that means that both those cables are connected.

so you have 3 spare connectors on those 2 cables. Are you able to re route the cables so that you can use one of the connectors to connect your argb bracket.

If not then probably a sata extension cable will be your best bet, to allow you to keep your cabling tidy.

I was thinking… AIO waterblock uses a SATA as well, motherboard and GPU as well and that makes 8 total in use…

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I was thinking… AIO waterblock uses a SATA as well, motherboard and GPU as well and that makes 8 total in use…
The AIO pump should be connecting to a 3 pin connector on your motherboard and your Commander Core according to the Corsair Manual. Don't see any where for a sata connector to go, but as I dont own that AIO, I'm happy to be corrected.

But yes you should have at least 2 sata power connectors available, if not 3

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The AIO pump should be connecting to a 3 pin connector on your motherboard and your Commander Core according to the Corsair Manual. Don't see any where for a sata connector to go, but as I dont own that AIO, I'm happy to be corrected.

But yes you should have at least 2 sata power connectors available, if not 3
But I can’t find them in my case. Who knows where they are…