Microphone Currently unavailable

Corfate

Author Level
Thanks for the info. Just installed the Asus Xonar DX. I am still trying to understand how the Xonar DX audio center works. Everything things to work on the Audio center but I cannot get the volume to work, if I need to change the volume I need to do it by using the volume mixer from windows.

I have the volume set to max on windows, then change the volume on the headset via the little box thing on them :)

@Tom, thought i recognised it! I must have been distracted :p Have some rep to make you feel better <3

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks for that. Got it working now! The installation drivers included in the CD were for Vista/XP, when I downloaded the drivers from the Asus website I click on the wrong folder:
Capture.JPG
I click on setup rather than Win7. Now I can get all the features (including volume).

Buzz

Master
Glad you both have it working. Nothing worse then trying to configure sound cards. Would do your brain in.

Buzz

Master
Well hopefully most people here will have sorted out all the problems and when yours comes you will be flying as will get results straight away.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
No Tom, I fixed it, stop stealing my thunder :p

hahah lol, yeah you did fix it, i must have told him to click another button.......hands thunder back.......

now i guess its my turn to post on this thread with a sound card problem....... -.-

So i picked up a asus dx, connected to my tritton ax pro's via optical cable, outputting in DD, i took the drivers off the disk as the ones from asus didnt want to play cricket for some reason.

firstly what is "sample rate"?

secondly any got a clue why i get a little bit of interference?

It does output in DD though, well youtube is currently, but bf3 wouldnt -.-. it also wont let me test the channels.

I tried to put the image on here, but it wont let me. https://picasaweb.google.com/113396...hkey=Gv1sRgCMvKt6Ki9MetFg#5730548393110417362

does this loo edit i have no idea what i was writing here -.-

edit fixed it

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I'm confused, did you fix your confusion of what you were writing or did you fix the issue? lol.

Vanquishuk

Could some one do me a favor and retake the images please im having the same problem and i have no idea where this tick box is also im on windows 8.
and i have a friend who is having the same problem on windows 7.
Thanks

Corfate

Author Level
Could some one do me a favor and retake the images please im having the same problem and i have no idea where this tick box is also im on windows 8.
and i have a friend who is having the same problem on windows 7.
Thanks

Hey mate,

Give me a couple of mins to get the images uploaded again. No idea where they went too, i'll go searching!

Edit; made a new one. Old ones went walkies!

Basically, click on mixer, click recording then the little fork icon and select either the front or back depending on what you want. Im guessing you want the back, so just click "microphone"

dgx.png

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Hey mate,

Give me a couple of mins to get the images uploaded again. No idea where they went too, i'll go searching!

Edit; made a new one. Old ones went walkies!

Basically, click on mixer, click recording then the little fork icon and select either the front or back depending on what you want. Im guessing you want the back, so just click "microphone"

dgx.png

I recognise the guy in this picture, but I just can't put my finger on where from...

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hahah ded, you silly its me!!!!

I have to be honest, I only went to read this thread, as i saw deadeyeduk posted!!!

Vanquishuk

Also i hope you dont mind but i made a review of the card on amazon and i put the link yo this thread on there in case any one runs in to the same problem.