Made a Stupid Mistake...

domsea

Going through the process of ordering a custom rig using the buy now pay later scheme. I elect to pay a deposit of £525, my finance application is accepted and I begin completing the "pre-contract" information and right before I e-sign the final documents I notice that my name and phone number have typos.

Eg. My name is Dominic, but on the presented contract it reads "Dominc". I don't want to sign anything where my details are incorrect, but there was no way to go back and edit that information as it pulls through from the PCS website onto the finance providers'. Stupid me thought, it'll be fine just exit out and start from the beginning... only I realise the £525 deposit has been scheduled to go out from my bank and as the finance was technically approved- I'm worried that it's going to be taken.

I went through the finance process again but this second time my application is deferred awaiting review, which makes sense on their end.

I'm going to contact PCS tomorrow but if anybody has any advice in the meantime, or can put my worries at ease then please do! Such a stupid move.

Thanks all.

domsea

Update. I found that I could cancel the initial order through "My Account". So the first order with the typo information in the contract should hopefully be scrapped and my deposit cancelled too.

Fingers crossed they look at the 2nd finance application, don't deem me a total moron and approve it...