Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It was quite a challenging script to pull off.
You’re not wrong! But if there’s one man that can do it…

9996C2D6-C488-4609-8DB7-A783046B246D.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Leaving Las Vegas is the one for me, it's one of my all time favorite films. He was so good in that, and Elizabeth Shue just shined alongside him.
Again, very challenging role to pull off, but he smashed it.

I have to be in a very good state of mind to watch it though.
Absolutely. Powerhouse performance and it hits me where I live. For those of us that possess that particular addictive personality trait, it’s an even harder watch than it’s already meant to be. I haven’t seen it in over a decade and probably won’t watch it for another decade.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I think this one may have come up previously but it warrants a mention. Mrs C and I have just finished the first season of The Sinner. Good grief and holy hell, what a ride that was. It went places I never thought it would go. Dark places.

Hats off to Pull Billman and Jessica Biel for their performances. It kept us guessing right up to the final episode and across the series drew out the fact that not a single one of the lead or supporting cast could be considered truly innocent. Every one of them had something grotty, either in their past or the present.

Roll on season two… can it get more disturbing than what I just witnessed? Gonna be fun / mentally scarring to find out.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think this one may have come up previously but it warrants a mention. Mrs C and I have just finished the first season of The Sinner. Good grief and holy hell, what a ride that was. It went places I never thought it would go. Dark places.

Hats off to Pull Billman and Jessica Biel for their performances. It kept us guessing right up to the final episode and across the series drew out the fact that not a single one of the lead or supporting cast could be considered truly innocent. Every one of them had something grotty, either in their past or the present.

Roll on season two… can it get more disturbing than what I just witnessed? Gonna be fun / mentally scarring to find out.
The Sinner is brilliant, first season is kind of special but every season is worth a watch. Pullman is fantastic throughout

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Has anyone heard of "Outer Range"?

It's a brand new series on Amazon, currently just released episode 4.

I started the first one last night. Very surreal out there trippy sci fi, proper head twister stuff.

Starring Josh Brolin who is pretty damn cool.

It's on my radar mate, going to wait until they are all available though

Josh Brolin is fantastic I'll watch anything he's in

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Watching World War Z atm, out of all the zombie films this one seems to really creep me out, I don't know why because it's quite hammy.

Aza

Rising Star
Has anyone heard of "Outer Range"?

It's a brand new series on Amazon, currently just released episode 4.

I started the first one last night. Very surreal out there trippy sci fi, proper head twister stuff.

Starring Josh Brolin who is pretty damn cool.

Ive been watching this, 6 episodes in atm and i'm really wondering what kind of direction its going to go.
I am liking the whole twist with time (dont want to say too much in case people go to watch it!)

Another one you might like, especially if Sci-Fi mind bending is your kinda thing, is Severence on AppleTV. couple of episodes in and it is getting interesting/ominious.

And Russian Doll.... really liked series one, and series two gets even more mind bending...watched the whole series two in one sitting when it aired on Netflix.

Aza

Rising Star
Just seen the first episode of Moon Knight...and I'm liking it VERY much :)

It's got an action style similar to Watchmen (both the film and TV show), so it's very quick movement, but it's also got the multiple personality / possession element (F. Murray Abraham voices this) along the lines of 'Venom' albeit without the huge physical changes.

Another good show! I hate having to wait for the next episode though so I kinda wish i'd not heard of it at all until the whole series had aired lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another one you might like, especially if Sci-Fi mind bending is your kinda thing, is Severence on AppleTV. couple of episodes in and it is getting interesting/ominious.
Yeah, I've heard amazing things, got it ready on the list.

Just seems to be a neverending source of amazing stuff at the moment, for films, series and music. Pandemic has been a world tragedy, but there are silver linings as a result, people's imaginations have been piqued to the max.

Aza

Rising Star
Gotta say, AppleTV has got some great stuff. Not huge amounts of content, but what they do have has been proper sit and binge material.
If a real SciFi fan, Foundation might be worth a go too.... although i'd say thats more classical SciFi rather than plot twisting mindbender type stuff.

And Picard on Amazon.... loved series one and series two takes a completely different story line and direction.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well, after spending most of the evening at the hospital due to the baby barely moving at all today, we are home and have just finished the final episode of The Sinner.

Season 1 - Ace.
Season 2 - Meh.
Season 3 - Ace.
Season 4 - Had it’s moments.

Now we wait for Ozark, Stranger Things and The Boys to return to our screens. I’ve dug out my DVD box set of Homicide: Life on the Street, as Mrs C has never seen it and loves a good crime show.