Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

barlew

Godlike
Get yourselves on Yellowstone. It's about modern day cowboys in a ranch in Montana and how they fight to save it turning into development land. All sorts of underhand shenanigans going on.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I've been catching up on a couple of things I missed first time round on the Beeb. Taboo and The Night Manager.

Tom Hollander's in both and he absolutely steals the show every scene he's in. He's a tiny acting powerhouse.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I'm about half way through season 2

Nearly up to date with it. Just finishing season 4. Lol. Yes binge watched about ten episodes a day whilst working from home.

Still as good as it was. Only one hiccup I think in season 3. Without spoiling it, all I will say is it seems to have a missing episode in the middle and ‘jumped’ a little. I looked and it wasn’t even a mid season break so seemed odd.

All good though and will be a case soon of waiting for each episode to come out each week lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Nearly up to date with it. Just finishing season 4. Lol. Yes binge watched about ten episodes a day whilst working from home.

Still as good as it was. Only one hiccup I think in season 3. Without spoiling it, all I will say is it seems to have a missing episode in the middle and ‘jumped’ a little. I looked and it wasn’t even a mid season break so seemed odd.

All good though and will be a case soon of waiting for each episode to come out each week lol.

You're way ahead of me, I've started watching the Mandolorian as well, all between playing master chief collection😂

Bhuna50

Author Level
Ok. Finished watching Breaking Bad (apart from the movie which will be tonight’s bedtime viewing and am up to date with The Expanse. Have to say Shame BB came to an end but couldn’t see where else it would go (not saying any more as don’t want to spoil anything).

Anyone watched the Better Call Saul spin off, is it worth starting them and getting into it or does it fizzle out as the series goes on?

With the Christmas break over for The Good Doctor, FBIs, NCISs, SWAT, Chicago’s, 9-1-1s, and with Batwoman and The Flash soon to start up again there’s plenty to get my teeth umm eyes into.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just watching the final episode of blindspot, watched all of Abstentia, still working my wat through season of the expanse

hol135

Bronze Level Poster
Some older shows but are decent if you havent seen are limitless, white collar, burn notice etc

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Me and the GF have just started rattling through Scrubs. I've seen it a number of times, it's fantastic for a proper switch off show. She is loving it too.

It's a cross between Friends and House (My favourite show ever). There's enough drama in it for a good hook but tonnes of comedy to make it an easy watch.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Must admit I like Scrubs too, been watching all the reruns on E4 along with reruns of Big Bang Theory and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Just been catching up on something I started watching years ago and now onto the penultimate series - number 5 of "How to get away with murder".

Watched both seasons of 'Sex Education' too - enjoyed that - quite funny.

Gavras

Master Poster
I must admit since the start of lockdown, I have watched considerably less TV and been busier than some other years.

I ended up watching the last 3 episodes of Star Trek Discovery back to back as previous weeks been busy.

(forum gives me some head space to do other stuff).

Bhuna50

Author Level
I must admit since the start of lockdown, I have watched considerably less TV and been busier than some other years.

I ended up watching the last 3 episodes of Star Trek Discovery back to back as previous weeks been busy.

(forum gives me some head space to do other stuff).

When I say I have watched all these things, I am putting them on in the background whilst being really busy - I find it helps me relax about how much work I do have on at time.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'll need to give that a go, it's passed me by.

Does it have a proper finale?
It does, even though they finished earlier than planned, they did wrap it up quite well.

Amazing series. Takes quite a lot of concentration, but the characters are so strong, especially Walter

eva89

Watched Spenser Confidential last night, it was a nice easy watch. Nothing special though. Looked nice in Dolby vision

Stephen M

Author Level
Have enjoyed Discovery, was around when the original Star Trek was on and liked the theme of Spock being a bearded loon.

Anson Mount was great as Pike, think Strange New Worlds has a lot of potential.

Picard was quite good as well.

Most of my other TV has been cricket, last day of Aussie v India later on.

Also been feasting on my collection of dreadful old scifi films, those that are so bad they are funny. Got quite a few from Toho Studio, the people who gave us Godzilla.

Their take on Frankenstein is something to behold. It begins in Germany towards the end of the war where a scientist has reanimated the monster's heart but to save it from the invading Allies it is transported to Japan by U-Boat. It arrives at Hiroshima and as a result of the Atom Bomb the monster survives and grows to be about 20 foot tall. I wont spoil the rest for you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For those who have access to BBC America (am sure it will appear on BBC over here at some point) and are Terry Pratchett fans, there is a 6 episode limited series event based on "The Watch" book.

It is not the best adaptation of TPs works and I spend most episodes grumbling about things (main character not rotund enough, some characters too short, some shouldn't be female, DEATH does not speak in Capital letters, let alone loudly..those familiar with Pratchett will understand that one!). Has even been criticised by Terry's daughter...however, it has it's moments and some of the humour fondly reminds you of why he was so dearly loved and why he is so dearly missed.
Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman and Robert Rankin were the three writers that got me through adolescence.... without them I may have grown up normal!