liquid leaking from computer??

riche606

hey guys, ive had my desktop for 2 years and its been spot on with no faults but just now the computer has just started leaking a clear liquid and has been giving off a really strong smell, the desktop is liquid cooled, but i want to know if theres anything i can do to fix it or if the desktop needs replacing

thanks

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'd try to get the cooler out to prevent any furher leakage in the components and seek further assistance from PCS.

riche606

it seems to have stopped leaking and i dont really feel confident taking it out without damaging it more

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Did the liquid reach the motherboard or gpu? I wouldn't turn it on and call technical support for further advice.

Last edited:

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
hey guys, ive had my desktop for 2 years and its been spot on with no faults but just now the computer has just started leaking a clear liquid and has been giving off a really strong smell, the desktop is liquid cooled, but i want to know if theres anything i can do to fix it or if the desktop needs replacing

thanks

By any chance do you have the ECO ALC? There is not much you can do to 'FIX' it other than what rubensolo has advised. Remove the GPU asap and leave it to dry. Hopefully no damage has been done to your CPU or motherboard. PCS will hopefully sort this out for you.

Corfate

Author Level
My advice, as stated by others is to take out the leaky component and don't turn on the PC for a day or so (so the liquid evaporates). The liquid used in coolers are usually non-conductive, but you still don't want to run the risk!). Call tech support ASAP.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
I'd definitely recommend calling PCS first. I'd also be wary about turning the computer on - it very much sounds like the liquid cooler has leaked which would mean that your CPU is currently uncooled. If you switch the computer on on then the CPU will likely very rapidly overheat and shutdown.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Don't turn it on, remove the power plug from the wall, and I'd suggest you leave the cooler in and speak to pcs! Ask them exactly what to do.

Are you in warranty?

baron75mk2

Banned
Definitely worth a call to tech support for this issue , i wouldn't turn the PC on myself until speaking with them :yes: