Laptop - Stuck on PIN Set Up

jcel41

Just received my laptop today. A Lafite Pro and now just had the time to set it up.

It asked me for Keyboard layout, able to connect to my Home WIFI, entered my Microsoft account at start up and now it did ask me to set up a PIN. I've been reading the manual that came with it, but it doesn't say anything on how long to wait for it to load. It's been stuck like this for an hour or two's :

1670453193555.png

I'm trying to click anything on the computer, but it's not doing anything at all. I can only assume it's stuck? Or is there some hidden button I need to click? I'm just worried to do a Hard Reboot as I'm still not finished with the initial set up.

If anyone will be able to advise?

jcel41

can you please post the full spec from your orders page
Product Category Product Description
Lafité Pro Series: 14" Matte Full HD 60 Hz 72%

NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Intel® CoreTM i7 12 Core Processor 1260P (2.1GHz, 4.7GHz Turbo)

32GB Corsair 3200MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)

Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics

1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W) Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)

1 x 90W AC Adaptor

1 x 1.5 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable

Lafité Pro Series Integrated 53WH Lithium Ion Battery

2 Channel High Definition Audio +

MIC/Headphone Jack

GIGABIT LAN & KILLERTM Wi-Fi 6E AX1675 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.3 1 x THUNDERBOLT 4 + 1 x USB 3.2 (TYPE C) + 2 x USB 3.2

LAFITÉ PRO SERIES SINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD

Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

United Kingdom - English Language

Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account

jcel41

Just an additional note:

I saw a youtube video of a similar issue where they advised to press Alt Tab as it will show a hidden pop up on screen like the below:

1670456594649.png

It need the Alt Tab held to stay on this screen which meant typing is a bit hard. But I tried typing the PIN and clicking Tab and reconfirm it again, it's not doing anything so literally just stuck there.

jcel41

can you try connecting it to your network using an Ethernet cable
I actually did connect it to my Home Wifi putting a tick on "Connect Automatically".

Are you able to advise how I can forget the network as everytime I reboot, it goes straight to Keyboard layout and skipping the Network question.

jcel41

I managed to get it sorted earlier, by manually turning off WiFi while I was setting up. Was able to access the Home Screen for a bit. Done a restart, but now when I press sign in on my account, it just stays in this page not bringing me back to the Home Screen.

1670466891292.png

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think if it was me, I'd do a clean install following the instructions below, but this time connect the laptop to the network by cable, you can then sort the wifi once windows is fully installed and configured

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch

paucur

Just an additional note:

I saw a youtube video of a similar issue where they advised to press Alt Tab as it will show a hidden pop up on screen like the below:

View attachment 35434

It need the Alt Tab held to stay on this screen which meant typing is a bit hard. But I tried typing the PIN and clicking Tab and reconfirm it again, it's not doing anything so literally just stuck there.
Same thing happened to me, I was stuck and could not get past the create pin screen for a long time. Using Alt Tab I was able to make the hidden screen active even though it was still hidden from view, and after numerous failed attempts at creating a pin, I received an error message to say something was wrong and then I was able to skip this step. So I was able to eventually move on.

Curt1102

This happened to me. I found out you can enter a pin and press tab to the enter a pin. And pressing enter will confirm. It’s just sometimes you can’t see the input screen for some reason. It everything works but you can’t see the screen. No biggie.