Laptop screen is like a strobe....

Pawlathon

Hi,

So back story. Never had any issues with screen before. Laptop does get a bit hot, but been using throttlestop for forever now to limit it. only ever play on like.....power saving because as soon as i turn it to balanced any game I play ends up making my CPU/GPU hit like 92c I use it as my VR link which I use virtual desktop to play it over. I was on it this morning, it was fine. i started playing beatsaber then when i took headset off is when my screen was strobing like crazy.....

I've seen a few posts about this. I've tried the usual YouTube videos of disabling msconfig parts, changing refresh, reinstalling graphics. I even factory reset the pc.

It all works fine when i plug the HDMI cable into my ex. monitor it's just the actual laptop screen that flickers.

It's still doing it, I have the Recoil Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080) and I never see any videos or anything about dismantling them or being able to check my cables. I took the bottom off and checked what I thought could be screen cable and it looks fine it doesn't move/always been secure in it.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? or able to point me towards a detailed something or other that'll help me dismantle it a bit more to check it? Partly cause i'd like to rethermal my CPU since i've had it a few years now.

Thanks