keyboard wont work

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey guys,

so i just got home, jumped on the pc, was about to reply to a pm (thanks steaky) then the keyboard stops working :(

the lights are on, and i logged in ok

running a nasty scan now, but not found anything. :(

i checked in device manager to uninstall the drivers, but i cant ( its greyed out )

cant uninstall the keyboard either. only the tiny bit of software, which has made no change.

any ideas anyone? Trust this to happen when I need to write an essay for friday morning, (that I aint started yet) lol I blame dayz for that.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Could be a faulty keyboard,have you another one you could try,or if you have another pc you can try it on,just to confirm or not it is a faulty keyboard.
Also have you tried it in another usb port.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Could be a faulty keyboard,have you another one you could try,or if you have another pc you can try it on,just to confirm or not it is a faulty keyboard.
Also have you tried it in another usb port.

hmmmi thought that too, managed to unistall the drivers, so fingers crossed.

[video=youtube;p85xwZ_OLX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0[/video]

already tried that smarty pants!!!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Is it wired or wireless? Have you got an old keyboard knocking about the house to see if it's perhaps the keyboard being faulty?

steaky360

Definitely worth trying it on another computer / laptop if you can bud! That's usually my first port of call with my keyboard if it has issues (I think its a woman lol).

Saying that, as you've managed to uninstall the drivers fingers crossed re-installing works!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
no idea whats going on,

it did work after the fresh install, then stuck pressing ggggggggg lol, so god knows,

I had to stop it by unpluging the keyboard, then in again, and it still does it. lol

was working fine last night.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
no idea whats going on,

for some reason the keyboard is in device manager three times? lol random.

one minute it works, then locks up, unplug then works, then stuck on letter.

I have no idea, if its faulty or a driver issue.

steaky360

no idea whats going on,

for some reason the keyboard is in device manager three times? lol random.

one minute it works, then locks up, unplug then works, then stuck on letter.

I have no idea, if its faulty or a driver issue.

I would imagine if it is faulty it would do the same thing on the laptop? I'd try it for a wee while on another computer/lappy maybe to ensure it isn't faulty. Best O'luck!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks steaky,

seems to be working again on the pc, without the software to change the lighting. so god knows whats the cause.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
nice tiberias,

lol every cloud, you positive people make me sick... hahah with your positiveness,

looks good dude :) I like the trigger actually, but will see what PCS says tomoz bout the keyboard. i've had it over a a year, but got the 2 year warranty with my rig, so I guess my keyboard will be covered, good job i bought from PCS

tom_gr7

Life Serving
couldnt get time to call pcs today :( looks like im going to have to stick to my emergency keyboard for a few days :(

steaky360

couldnt get time to call pcs today :( looks like im going to have to stick to my emergency keyboard for a few days :(

Fail, I know that feeling, bit crap knowing you have a 'better' keyboard but cant use it for whatever reason!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Fail, I know that feeling, bit crap knowing you have a 'better' keyboard but cant use it for whatever reason!

yeah it wasn't long your keyboard took a trip bk to PCS HQ. Nothing worse than using a naf keyboard hahah, makes my want to cry....

tom_gr7

Life Serving
So just to update,

I called PCS today, and its actually the only time I've ever been disappointed after contacting them, which is a shame.

I was informed that due to having the keyboard for over a year, its not actually covered by my two years warranty, Which only covers the PC itself, not the peripherals. I'm not sure if this is explained in the terms and conditions, it probably is. Regardless if it is or isn't, It's pretty disappointing as I thought the warranty covers the whole order. So now I have to go through Logitech support.

Booo

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Good to know the mods are impartial!

Tom that QuickFire TK is looking sweet right about now...

yea, am defo impartial, i dont work for pcs, I just like helping guys out on here! Want to help people get their dream systems....(key violin)

haha yeah it looks good, but its not a full size one, still prefer the trigger.

But have to get hold of logitech first!