Just beautiful... Sharkoon T28 ATC Mid Tower

Raptor

Enthusiast
We need more interesting mid tower cases because no offense but there are only some of the cases that are visually attractive and those are the tall long cases for a small exception ...
Example Centinal Buc Looks horrible, and costs £58
These cases cost £57 on amozon, Have USB 3.0 on the front, has a side window and has stylish inside Plus comes with either red or green inside...
Personally i love the red one

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/node/2119

T28_green_02.jpg

T28_green_03.jpg

T28_green_04.jpg

T28_blue_02_2.jpg

T28_red_02_2.jpg

Features:
ATX case
2x 5.25" drive bays (external)
6x 3.5" HDD bays (internal)
2x 2.5"/3.5 "HDD bays (internal)
Front I/O with 1x USB3.0, 3x USB2.0, 2x audio
Acrylic side panel
7 slots for add-on cards
Mesh front panel
Quick fasteners for optical drives, mainboard mounting panel with installation opening for coolers
2 openings for water cooling
Cable management system
Dimensions: 475x200x440 mm (LxWxH)
Weight: 6.6 kg
Fan configuration:

Case front 2x 120 mm LED fans (pre-installed)
Rear panel 1x 120 mm LED fan (pre-installed)
Package contents:
T28
Accessory set
Compatibility:

Max. length graphics card 40 cm
Max. height CPU cooler 16 cm
Max. length PSU 29 cm

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Centinal Buc Looks horrible, and costs £58

But can support
Motherboard Type: ATX, m-ATX Vs just ATX on the Sharkoon which makes it more versatile.

It has SATA HDD/SSD Hot-Swap Module Vs None Which makes it easier access

Cooling: Centinal Buc
Front: 1x 120mm (included)
Top: 1x 120mm (included)
Rear: 1x 120mm (included)
Side: 2x 120mm

Vs Sharkoon

Overall better cooling.

So it may not look as good to you, but personally id always sooner a decent chassis that's more versatile over its appearance every time.

Raptor

Enthusiast
But can support
Motherboard Type: ATX, m-ATX Vs just ATX on the Sharkoon which makes it more versatile.

It has SATA HDD/SSD Hot-Swap Module Vs None Which makes it easier access

Cooling: Centinal Buc
Front: 1x 120mm (included)
Top: 1x 120mm (included)
Rear: 1x 120mm (included)
Side: 2x 120mm

Vs Sharkoon

Overall better cooling.

So it may not look as good to you, but personally id always sooner a decent chassis that's more versatile over its appearance every time.

Touche, Touche my friend.
But
"mounting rails or attached directly using the two mounting frames. These mounting frames are also suitable for installing 2.5" hard drives, such as SSDs."

How much of a difference does hot swap make between mounting rails ? o.o

Also it's a mid tower case and is not meant to be used for high end things thus it shouldn't get too hot either way,
Plus it's smaller than the centinal... by quite a bit

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think it would be alright for a low end rig, but one problem with low end cases or many cases infact they often come with naf stock fans. Personally I was to have this case, I'd get 5 coolermaster sickleflows, then have two on the front, then cable tie another two to the back of the hard drive cage, to keep the airflow blowing into the case towards the gpu n mobo, then place the other as the rear exhaust. Get a mid range fan controller, maybe some lighting, along with a 600w' ish psu, and a amd cpu n mobo, then maybe a 7850, as they dont use much power at all, (two can run on 650w's) and doesnt really output much heat.

Raptor

Enthusiast
I think it would be alright for a low end rig, but one problem with low end cases or many cases infact they often come with naf stock fans. Personally I was to have this case, I'd get 5 coolermaster sickleflows, then have two on the front, then cable tie another two to the back of the hard drive cage, to keep the airflow blowing into the case towards the gpu n mobo, then place the other as the rear exhaust. Get a mid range fan controller, maybe some lighting, along with a 600w' ish psu, and a amd cpu n mobo, then maybe a 7850, as they dont use much power at all, (two can run on 650w's) and doesnt really output much heat.
I know what you mean but this case does come with 3 fans.. 2 on the front 1 on the back.. and all being LED... O-o or do you mean like ANOTHER 2 fans for it ?.. ?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I know what you mean but this case does come with 3 fans.. 2 on the front 1 on the back.. and all being LED... O-o or do you mean like ANOTHER 2 fans for it ?.. ?

I mean, removing the stock fans, replacing them with three better fans, then two extra fans cable tied to the back of the hard drive cages/bays.