Issue not shutting down

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, download the drivers from nvidia.co.uk and it will show up again.

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Right - Update!

Got the new 1TB 6gb/s drive today, installed with no issues. Did a clean install of Win7 and now have all the up to date drivers. Unfortunately it is still showing as 3gb/s in the boot up sequence. :(

I have definitely got the correct Sata cable in the first light grey Sata 6 socket. The Sata 6 driver is installed and I've had a look in the bios to double check that it is enabled. One thing I'm not too sure about is wether or not configuring the SATA Config in the Storage config to IDE or AHCI. Pretty sure I've tried both but would like to have it set correctly anyway.

Not going to give up on this one yet though! If anyone has any check lists or suggestions for this issue I'd really appreciate it!

With regards to the Shutting down issue I had, it is 100% a software problem. Did a shut down from Safe mode and it went fine. I now just need to find out what it is that is locking the procedure up. Can't be anything other than the Asus drivers/software, Chrome, a Windows update or the Security suite I use from Virgin Media. (Pretty sure that it's not Chrome or the VM stuff as I had those on the last clean install before having these issue.

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry, just a little update -

Have changed both bios settings back to AHCI for now. Not changed anything though.

The shutting down issue is going better. I have only installed the Windows updates, Nvidia drivers for my 460, Chrome and the Security suite from VM, checking each time that it could shut down and it is fine for now. So, it looks to be something from the Asus drivers/software CD, which is a little annoying to be honest! But I'm going to go slow with this one, adding games and software one at a time and checking with a reboot.

With regards to the Sata 3/6 issue if you guys think I should contact the support number I will, just want to exhaust all options I can try my self before bothering them! This is what having a PC is all about, the wonderful land of learning something new each day (or reboot ;))

Anyway, starting to ramble now, I'm off for the night so I can get back at it tomorrow \o/

Meds

Hi Tabasco,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems, I was certain the new HDD would get your PC running at SATA III.

At this point I think we've exhausted all options available to us via the forums so it would probably be best for you contact our Support Team (0844 499 4000). They will be able to help in a lot more detail and get you up and running asap.

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Hey Meds,

Solved! Had another jig about inside the PC and tried one of the other 6gb/s cables. It now shows correctly on boot up - Thanks again for all your help!

With regards to the 'hangs on shut down' issue, did quite a bit of digging this morning already and have found that there are major issues with the Radialpoint software that is used for the Virgin Media security suite within Win7.

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
And I definitely don't have the shut down issue now that the VM security suite in now un-installed.

I've got MS Essentials and the Windows Firewall on for now. From what I've read the MS Ess is one the the best free packages at the moment. Will be scouting out good alternatives to the MS Firewall later...

Good morning indeed! :D