In testing woop woop

pez

Matt,

As previously said, it's never a good thing to receive a PC like this :( However, this is where there REAL service kicks in. PCS will sort this out in a Jiffy, I'm very confident of that. I received my laptop and after 2 days, it was discovered some of the SSD's were faulty. Within 2 days after, I had a new SSD and returned the old one. Caroline back up and running in an instant.

The one thing I will say, the Customer Support is phenomenal here. So don't panic, happens to the best of us, and rep for your attitude :)

Matt201

Thanks Pez, I'm a lot more happier now actually and i haven't even done anything apart from hook my new PC up, I'm on it now. I have no damage to the fan at all so its just the Mesh on the side panel what is dented. So hopefully, another one of these sent in the post, i can fit it easy. Think iv'e made a mountain out of a molehill really, I'll let you know what PCS says when i phone them tomorrow.

Matt201

Hi guys, i tested my computer last night and everything seems to be running fine apart from the side panel large fan what didn't turn on at all while the PC was running for 2 hours. This is the same side where the mesh has been damaged. Does anyone know if this side fan suppose to be on at all times? or does the computer activate this fan when the computer gets too hot or something? My case is a PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE. Is it easy enough to look to see if this fan is connected?

Also i have called PCS this morning about my damaged side panel Mesh. They were very helpful and they are sending me a whole new side panel out to my delivery address. They have put it on order so i just have to wait now. I forgot to ask the question above regarding the fan. If anyone could answer this it would put my mind at ease for good :)

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Might be a stupid question, but with all the problems you had with the side panel and all...is the side fan actually connected to the thigh bone? Wait...thats not right...anyway...

Many rigs have the side fan disconnected for transport, and just with all you have had to faff with, you might have overlooked this?

Matt201

Might be a stupid question, but with all the problems you had with the side panel and all...is the side fan actually connected to the thigh bone? Wait...thats not right...anyway...

Many rigs have the side fan disconnected for transport, and just with all you have had to faff with, you might have overlooked this?

I didn't even know that many rigs have there side fans disconnected for transport reasons. I will check this tonight, thats a lot deadeye, i would have looked abit stupid asking them to take it back because the side fan had been damaged, but instead it was because it just wasn't hooked up :-\

Ta!

Matt201

Ok now i'm home from work iv'e had a look to see if the side fan is connected, and as far as i can see, it is. Here are a few photos

316j.jpg

in this photo you can see the 3rd pin has nothing connected to it, is this correct? i'm just trying to establish why this fan won't work.

317lp.jpg

inside the PC

318fq.jpg

LED lights on, but the fan doesn't want to come out and play.

Also, should i be worried about my machine possibly overheating while this fan is broke?