i5 9600K or i7 9700 (non-K)

AB2112

I'll preface this by saying the PC I've ordered is a few days away from going into the build phase (so no changing to AMD), and already has the 9600K selected as its processor.

It'll be paired with a 2060 Super, CoolerMaster 212X Black edition cooler, a 750w PSU and 16gb of RAM, and will be used for 1080p gaming and a bit of Maya 3D modelling/rendering (not seriously, but as a hobby).

I've already changed a fair few of the components since ordering, but now I'm wondering if I'd see much of a benefit from sticking with the i5 9600K or bumping it up to a i7 9700 (non-K, I'm already over my budget so I'm drawing the line at another £60). I can't see me overclocking the i5 that much in the future, but for over £100 more, I wondered if the performance gain on the i7 would be that notable?

Thanks for any advice.

AB2112

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I think you're probably right. Not sure any benefit I would gain would be worth £120-ish, so I'll probs stick with the 9600K.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
You could post your full spec and people might be able to recommend some changes still, that will improve your build. Keeping with intel