I am getting REALLY sick of this

Danmartin

Had to upload a video to YouTube as I can't normally here. The link of my laptop killing itself

Imagine spending £1200 on a gaming laptop that doesn't even turn on. How did this pass testing!??!? Had it for 3 months and it does this for 5 minutes sometimes longer then eventually boots up its gotten worse now and I cannot believe I sat with this for this long any way of me getting either a refund a new laptop or this one fixed. Sick of having to fight the power button just to play a sodding game 😡😡🤬🤬

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Something definitely not right there. I would raise a ticket with PCS to arrange an RMA. That's definitely not right.

You could try turning off fast start. That can illicit some weird behaviour at times. it's a long-shot but it might be the case.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just tapping the start button usually won't do anything, you have to press and hold it on modern laptops.

This is to prevent mistaken power ons when it's in your backpack or something.

Not saying that's what's happening here just noticed you tapped it rather quickly.

Bastet

Silver Level Poster
While off disconnect from the power supply, remove the battery & the CMOS battery & long press the power button to discharge any excess power then leave it for 5 minutes then return the batteries & plug the laptop back in & see if that improves things.

Danmartin

Something definitely not right there. I would raise a ticket with PCS to arrange an RMA. That's definitely not right.

You could try turning off fast start. That can illicit some weird behaviour at times. it's a long-shot but it might be the case.
tried fast start thing doesnt fix any other way

Danmartin

While off disconnect from the power supply, remove the battery & the CMOS battery & long press the power button to discharge any excess power then leave it for 5 minutes then return the batteries & plug the laptop back in & see if that improves things.
im not that kind of person to know what hes doing taking apart something expensive like this id more than likely end up breaking it :(

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
im not that kind of person to know what hes doing taking apart something expensive like this id more than likely end up breaking it :(
You probably don't need to take the CMOS battery out, but removing the battery (if it's removable of course) and disconnecting the power supply isn't that challenging. This 'soft reset' is a very normal and sensible first step in troubleshooting and is is very much worth your time trying it.