How to connect extra fans in Corsair 5000D case ?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I have a build in the works and I have these fans ordered that I'm going to put in the Corsair 5000D
  • 3 at front
  • 1 at rear for exhaust
My question is how do I connect all the wires because I'm sure the wires on the fans are not going to be long enough. Is there some kind of extention I will need?

Attachments

• IMG-2524.jpg
    IMG-2524.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 203

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you go Corsair controller, then everything has to be Corsair (similar to a lot of other companies too)...and preferably the same fan type.

That is unless you're happy to run the motherboard software package for non-Corsair fans (in Asus' case it would be ArmouryCrate and FanExpert4)...but you can also control some fan functionality from the BIOS.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
If you're talking about removing the 5000D's built-in fans and replacing them with three better ones, I fully agree with that (indeed, it's basically my own setup).

I wouldn't go for the Thermaltake ones, though: they're not the best option out there. If you want lights, go for LL120/SP120 Elite fans from Corsair, either through PCS or by fitting them yourself. If you want quality silent non-RGB fans, you're probably going to have to fit them yourself: in an ideal world you would probably want something like the Noctua NF-S12A (probably the Chromax ones), but other options are available, such as the Cooler Master Sickleflow or this one from BeQuiet!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016XWZ5MQ

So your order would be the H115i Elite Capellix, removing the two Thermaltake fans, and replacing the two Corsair fans that come with the 5000D with superior ones? If so, that's a great shout and will improve your build significantly.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think it's the last para that's confusing...
So your order would be the H115i Elite Capellix, removing the two Thermaltake fans, and replacing the two Corsair fans that come with the 5000D with superior ones? If so, that's a great shout and will improve your build significantly.
But I read that as meaning "if you don't want RGB fans, and want something dark & quiet...then replace the two Corsair fans..."

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Does it still stand that I shouldn't have bought the BeQuiet fans and I should have bought Corsair ones instead?
In my humble opinion, if you're buying a case only to swap out the case fans, then it's not the right case, it's a very strange route to go down in my personal opinion.

Especially when you have RGB in the rig, but have chosen a non-rgb case?

If we put this into basic financial perspective, how much did you spend on those 3 120mm fans? And are you specifically looking for a non-rgb case? Was there a specific reason why you chose the 5000d?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I'm not that bothered about RGB because the case will be on the floor.

I liked the look of the case, and should have plenty of airflow.

I'd rather have more fans on the front instead of the only one stock fan

The Be Quiet fans from Amazon are £8.99 each. Total £39.27 (£5 off because the first order I made went missing)
I ordered 2 fans yesterday, but found out I should have ordered 4 instead, so placed an order for another 2 not long ago. I can cancel the fans if needed.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not that bothered about RGB because the case will be on the floor.

I liked the look of the case, and should have plenty of airflow.

I'd rather have more fans on the front instead of the only one stock fan

The Be Quiet fans from Amazon are £8.99 each. Total £39.27 (£5 off because the first order I made went missing)
I ordered 2 fans yesterday, but found out I should have ordered 4 instead, so placed an order for another 2 not long ago. I can cancel the fans if needed.
Ok, there aren't as many non-rgb cases as I thought.

It's your call at the end of the day, just put it into perspective that you're actually spending about £140 on the case which puts you in premium territory, you could likely get something far better (although probably have to send it in from elsewhere).

It's a very personal thing though.

If it were me, and I was going that route, I would have chosen 140mm fans (you always want the largest possible for lower noise) and I would undoubtedly have got Noctua black fans (they really can't be beaten).

But I realise this isn't my build.

Apologies, I probably havn't helped matters, to get back on topic:

The case comes with a PWM repeater that you plug the case fans into, this will likely be in the right hand closed side with all the cable management. I've linked quite a thorough breakdown of the case with photos which you may need to revert to when attaching the fans:

This is the PWM repeater, it basically takes in all the case fans and attaches to one motherboard header on the motherboard:

innerside2pcb.jpg

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The 5000D Airflow is an excellent case, but the fans aren't great. Not bad, but not great. They aren't that quiet. The BeQuiet fans are excellent, not as good as the Noctuas, but far cheaper. They'll be a significant upgrade for the case.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
@SpyderTracks Thank you for your input. Of course everyone has a right to their own opinion, and I always welcome it.

I had another look at the cases, and you're right, there's not many non-rgb cases that PCS sell.

I have noticed that the 5000D comes with a circuit on the back of the case. Hopefully the wires will be long enough to reach it.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've just swapped fans around a bit in the Berserker replacing the 2 ML fans that come with the cooler with a pair of LL, so they can all then connect into commander, check out here for a few photos and discussion:

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
Am I correct in thinking with this case that PCS ship it with the default 1 fan in the front and 1 exhaust? I was wanting 3 in the front so was thinking of ordering an extra 2.