How not to apply paste

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Taken from the PCS Facebook page

1000015941.jpg

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Whoever did it shouldn't be within 500 miles of a PC let alone 500 feet 😂😂😂
Given the likes of Raspberry Pi's, weather monitoring stations and so on, there can't be too many places on the planet more than 500 miles away from some level of a computer. Those people should definitely relocate to those places though!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Given the likes of Raspberry Pi's, weather monitoring stations and so on, there can't be too many places on the planet more than 500 miles away from some level of a computer. Those people should definitely relocate to those places though!
As there are over 5,000 Starlink satellites orbiting less than 360 miles above the Earth, not to mention a bunch of low-orbit weather satelites orbiting around 500 miles up, I think it's probably near impossible to achieve the desired separation. Sad but true.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As there are over 5,000 Starlink satellites orbiting less than 360 miles above the Earth, not to mention a bunch of low-orbit weather satelites orbiting around 500 miles up, I think it's probably near impossible to achieve the desired separation. Sad but true.
I knew I was forgetting an obvious place where a lot of computers could be found!

I don't feel confident in applying paste, but I would be looking at some of the thermal pads or getting someone to help me apply the paste long before I made a mess like in that first post!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You could dig down 600 miles (to be safe) towards the earth's core - don't think there are any electronic devices down there (except those of the mole people).

davhun

Gold Level Poster
I know you had a boat that could sail 600 miles from land but I did not realise it could also fly.

I have played safe and bought myself a jar of sardine and tomato paste. I first apply to the computer and then make a sandwich.