High temperatures on CPU

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, yes there is a slight difference but 2-3ºC but if you say its important I believe in you xD
It's not 2-3 though, previously it was only at 100 because it was thermal throttling, would have been well over that if the chip wasn't lowering frequency and voltage to compensate. So the improvement could be significant.

And no, I havent reinstalled windows even though I gave them permission to do it.
Still not clear if you ordered with windows or installed your own copy? We don't know if PCS configured your operating system or if you set it up yourself? If you ordered without windows, it will have come with a test windows, but it's not configured so won't work properly.

Meanwhile, I will remain the new thermal for some months now but then go to a laptop store to see if they can put the kyro sheet
Again, you're simply delaying what you're going to have to learn to manage if you're owning a custom laptop. Can't stress this enough. You're never going to get proper performance if you're not willing to learn how to maintain the system.

Something that might be important that I havent referred is that my drivers from Intel Driver & Support dont work...I search for new drivers and it gives me error
Without knowing who setup windows it's impossible to know what this may be.

nizato

Spyder I just want to ask one last question
As long CPU temp is not 100ºC (thermal trottling) its alright to stay playing with 95 98ºC?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No, I think it was already included.
Sorry, it's still not very clear, you purchased a windows license with your order did you?

If you didn't buy it with windows, then I refer you back to this as already stated:

Have you reinstalled windows at all since all this? You never posted your full specs so we don't know if you installed windows yourself? If windows isn't configured correctly, then Control Center won't be able to work properly, and Control Center manages the power limits on the CPU and GPU and the fan controls. If Control Center isn't properly installed, then it will overheat as a result.

It sounds like you didn't order windows and you're using the test windows that came with the laptop. Thats' not configured for use and won't work properly. You need to clean install your own copy, the cooling is reliant on windows being properly configured.

On Intel though, they're just not very good processors and run far too hot while using ridiculous amounts of power, they invariably throttle out of the gate. It's basic routine to apply an undervolt to get temps within acceptable tolerances. I would want it certainly under 95c, if not around 90c under load.

But you can't do any of that until windows is properly configured and Control Center can work properly.

Last edited:

nizato

Sorry, it's still not very clear, you purchased a windows license with your order did you?

If you didn't buy it with windows, then I refer you back to this as already stated:

It sounds like you didn't order windows and you're using the test windows that came with the laptop. Thats' not configured for use and won't work properly. You need to clean install your own copy, the cooling is reliant on windows being properly configured.

On Intel though, they're just not very good processors and run far too hot while using ridiculous amounts of power, they invariably throttle out of the gate. It's basic routine to apply an undervolt to get temps within acceptable tolerances. I would want it certainly under 95c, if not around 90c under load.

But you can't do any of that until windows is properly configured and Control Center can work properly.
When I bought the laptop, I didnt had to put the license code that was included in
I supposed that It was already included
Windows was already installed and the only thing I had to do was log in my account and start to use it
Maybe Im using a test version? Is there a way to know that?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I bought the laptop, I didnt had to put the license code that was included in
I supposed that It was already included
Windows was already installed and the only thing I had to do was log in my account and start to use it
Maybe Im using a test version? Is there a way to know that?
So you paid for a windows license? That’s ok then, it’s fully configured. In future please be certain to post full specs when requested as it includes all this.

Have you used any driver optimisers since you’ve had it? How do you update drivers?

What anti virus are you using?

nizato

So you paid for a windows license? That’s ok then, it’s fully configured. In future please be certain to post full specs when requested as it includes all this.

Have you used any driver optimisers since you’ve had it? How do you update drivers?

What anti virus are you using?

I didn't installed nothing related to driver optimisers, I only have the windows updates, Nvidia Geforce Experience and Intel drivers and suport and thats the way I search and update drivers, nothing else.
The anti virus is norton 360 "gamers" since It was free with the laptop when I bought it
I have all the periphals in the previous talk we had before I sent it to RMA, you can check all there.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I didn't installed nothing related to driver optimisers, I only have the windows updates, Nvidia Geforce Experience and Intel drivers and suport and thats the way I search and update drivers, nothing else.
The anti virus is norton 360 "gamers" since It was free with the laptop when I bought it
I have all the periphals in the previous talk we had before I sent it to RMA, you can check all there.
So you need to uninstall Norton, it’s nothing more than malware and should never be used. You’re more at risk with it that if using windows defender anyway because it’s terrible at virus scans, it also uses HUGE amounts of system resources.

You can’t uninstall through windows, you have to use the Norton uninstaller.

Then if you’re sure all optional updates are up to date (not windows updates) and you haven’t installed anything dodgy, then it’s fair to say windows is configured correctly.

In which case, your only option is to look into an undervolt to bring temps down to at least 95c under load, I wouldn’t want it any higher than that.

nizato

Alright, I will unistall since its only more trash that I add to the laptop.
About the undervolt, I have searched and I saw that undervolt in 13th generation is not available
Should I try something else?

nizato

Hey Spyder, I have a media recovery usb that I could use if the windows install wasnt done properly.
Do you think I should give it a try?
Uninstall and install everything back?
Thanks for your help.
1713625046380.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey Spyder, I have a media recovery usb that I could use if the windows install wasnt done properly.
Do you think I should give it a try?
Uninstall and install everything back?
Thanks for your help.
View attachment 40827
I think you're misunderstanding... I'm not sure how else I can put it

You said you'd paid for a windows license, in that case it's fully set up.

So long as you're sure all optional updates (which are drivers) are up to date (this is not windows update, it's separate), and you're sure windows is up to date and you have installed anything to break it (only you know this), then it's safe to assume windows is configured correctly.

If you think you've done something to compromise the OS and a reinstall is required, you would never use an old windows image as it's out of date, you'd always use the latest direct from Microsoft.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
About the undervolt, I have searched and I saw that undervolt in 13th generation is not available
Should I try something else?
You need to google how to actually do it, not accept Intels marketing hype.

When looking at articles, you need to be aware of the date it's posted, often things change, so you need up to date information.

nizato

I think you're misunderstanding... I'm not sure how else I can put it

You said you'd paid for a windows license, in that case it's fully set up.

So long as you're sure all optional updates (which are drivers) are up to date (this is not windows update, it's separate), and you're sure windows is up to date and you have installed anything to break it (only you know this), then it's safe to assume windows is configured correctly.

If you think you've done something to compromise the OS and a reinstall is required, you would never use an old windows image as it's out of date, you'd always use the latest direct from Microsoft.
You need to google how to actually do it, not accept Intels marketing hype.

When looking at articles, you need to be aware of the date it's posted, often things change, so you need up to date information.

The baddest thing that could happen was when I installed a game (out of the usual way if you know what I mean) but the laptop temps didnt change after that and those files are already deleted because I didnt even played the game. The laptop was already getting high temps.
I will do a factory reset just to make sure is all okay.
About the undervolt, I think its impossible, because there is no video and everyone that has this same CPU says that intel dont allow it
I will try to see the better way to fix this cause send it to RMA again is a waste of time
Thx for the help.

nizato

Hey Spyder, so I have unistalled a lot of things and I think I might have found a little solution.
In control center, I have 4 modes. The silent mode, saving energy mode, performance mode and, "entertainment" mode
I have tried to play CS2 in all just to test it out:
Saving mode was impossible (logic because GPU is turned off)
Silent mode was playable, but only 50 fps and the max temp of CPU was 70ºC but not worth the fps if I have a laptop with this periphals
Entertainment mode was really good and nice fps and max temp of CPU was 95ºC and didnt go any further
When I turn on performance, it goes the "extra mile" and reaches 95-98ºC and a just a little more fps
So I guess performance mode kinda makes the CPU goes even further without it being really necessary for what I need
I will stay always for now in entertainment mode to be more stable temps until I found a solution
Appreciate the help,
Nizato.