Hi, new member! Just saying hello

Cats&Coffee

Hi everyone,
For my 40th birthday (which I’ve used as an excuse,its in feb) i ordered a bespoke 16” recoil laptop yesterday (wensday) for £2399 as my last gaming laptop-an ASUS tuf 2020 with 32GB of added Kingston fury sodimm RAM has given up the ghost,my brother in law had to add the RAM for me as I can’t tinker anymore due to my wobbly hands.

i Am severely disabled which at its mildest does affect my ability to type without errors or anything involving fine motor skills as I have shaky jumpy wrists. I don’t want to bore people with this but they all affect my ability to game and it frustrates me when people think I’m a bad gamer or I’m ignoring them, or dont realise some people like myself don’t have a mic as they can’t actually verbally speak. I also have very poor visual perception so it affects how I see what’s on a screen and rarely complete games as a result.

i honestly can’t wait to get my new laptop as I will be starting a online day centre as soon as it arrives.I’ve read up on rules here by the way so I know what’s what. Does anyone know how easy it is to transfer saves from steam deck to the new laptop? I’ve forgotten how it works, thanks very much if you’ve got this far.

Last edited by a moderator:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hi everyone,
For my 40th birthday (which I’ve used as an excuse,its in feb) i ordered a bespoke 16” recoil laptop yesterday (wensday) for £2399 as my last gaming laptop-an ASUS tuf 2020 with 32GB of added Kingston fury sodimm RAM has given up the ghost,my brother in law had to add the RAM for me as I can’t tinker anymore due to my wobbly hands.

i Am severely disabled which at its mildest does affect my ability to type without errors or anything involving fine motor skills as I have shaky jumpy wrists. I don’t want to bore people with this but they all affect my ability to game and it frustrates me when people think I’m a bad gamer or I’m ignoring them, or dont realise some people like myself don’t have a mic as they can’t actually verbally speak. I also have very poor visual perception so it affects how I see what’s on a screen and rarely complete games as a result.

i honestly can’t wait to get my new laptop as I will be starting a online day centre as soon as it arrives.I’ve read up on rules here by the way so I know what’s what. Does anyone know how easy it is to transfer saves from steam deck to the new laptop? I’ve forgotten how it works, thanks very much if you’ve got this far.
Hi and welcome to the site.

Thanks for telling us a little about yourself.

In terms of transferring Steam saves from one device to another, it's fairly easy:

1. Use Steam’s backup and restore feature. This is the easiest way to transfer Steam games, but it requires you to have enough storage space on the new computer to store the backup files.
  2. On the old computer, open Steam and go to Steam > Backup and Restore Games.
  3. Click Backup Games and select the games you want to transfer.
  4. Click Next and select a location to save the backup files.
  5. Click Backup and wait for the process to complete.
  6. On the new computer, install Steam and login with the same account you used on the old computer.
  7. Go to Steam > Backup and Restore Games and click Restore a previous backup.
  8. Select the backup file you created on the old computer and click Next.
  9. Click Restore and wait for the process to complete.
  10. Copy the game files manually. This is a more complicated way to transfer Steam games, but it doesn’t require you to have enough storage space on the new computer.
  11. On the old computer, find the Steam game files. The default location is:
  • Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
  • Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common
  1. Copy the game files to a USB drive or other portable storage device.
  2. Connect the USB drive or other portable storage device to the new computer.
  3. On the new computer, install Steam and login with the same account you used on the old computer.
  4. Open Steam and go to Library.
  5. Right-click on the game you want to install and select Install.
  6. Click Local Files and select the game files you copied from the old computer.
  7. Click Next and wait for the process to complete.
I'm not sure if doing it from a Steam Deck is in any way different, but hopefully this'll give you an idea of how to do it!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but just in case you're not, there are a lot of accessibility tools aimed at gaming. I'll link it just in case you're haven't come across it.

Copilot is a software AI tool which is baked into the new version of windows 11 that was only recently released, that may be particularly helpful for you combined with some hardware.

This is specifically the section on gaming accessibility tools like controllers, eye trackers and other things, both software and hardware, they're compatible with both xbox and windows.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi and welcome to the site.

Thanks for telling us a little about yourself.

In terms of transferring Steam saves from one device to another, it's fairly easy:

1. Use Steam’s backup and restore feature. This is the easiest way to transfer Steam games, but it requires you to have enough storage space on the new computer to store the backup files.
  2. On the old computer, open Steam and go to Steam > Backup and Restore Games.
  3. Click Backup Games and select the games you want to transfer.
  4. Click Next and select a location to save the backup files.
  5. Click Backup and wait for the process to complete.
  6. On the new computer, install Steam and login with the same account you used on the old computer.
  7. Go to Steam > Backup and Restore Games and click Restore a previous backup.
  8. Select the backup file you created on the old computer and click Next.
  9. Click Restore and wait for the process to complete.
  10. Copy the game files manually. This is a more complicated way to transfer Steam games, but it doesn’t require you to have enough storage space on the new computer.
  11. On the old computer, find the Steam game files. The default location is:
  • Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
  • Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common
  1. Copy the game files to a USB drive or other portable storage device.
  2. Connect the USB drive or other portable storage device to the new computer.
  3. On the new computer, install Steam and login with the same account you used on the old computer.
  4. Open Steam and go to Library.
  5. Right-click on the game you want to install and select Install.
  6. Click Local Files and select the game files you copied from the old computer.
  7. Click Next and wait for the process to complete.
I'm not sure if doing it from a Steam Deck is in any way different, but hopefully this'll give you an idea of how to do it!
There's quite a good guide here by Valve

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Welcome. I have cats and I love coffee so you’re all good as far as I’m concerned 👍

IMG_9986.gif

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Hi everyone,

big ol homer welcome

Photo Maggie Simpson, Bart Simpson, Radio Playlist, Nerd, Air Guitar ...