Help! GTX580 graphics error (Code 43)

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
*EDIT - SORRY I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM THREAD, PROBLEM NOW SOLVED :)*

Hello Guys,

So just got my PC today with SLi GTX 580s, I thought they were working fine and then thought i might aswell update the graphics drivers as thats what you do with new PC's...

So I installed the newest driver for my card, version 266.58 : http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-266.58-whql-driver.html

Now on webpages ect. i get like framerate issues when moving the mouse, as in my screen flikers and mouse moves like flick around and not smooth like it should.

I went into my device manager and the first GTX580 has a error, pretty sure it wassnt there before. It says:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Any ideas how to fix this? Also when i go to Nvidia again and use the auto scan for drivers it says currently installed driver: ----
The set-up process just completed for the driver I posted above and it says I don't have one installed?? I tried re-installing but again it completes and still says no driver installed..

Thanks for any help ASAP,
Rob

Last edited:

pengipete

Rising Star
You could also try uninstalling the problem card in Device Manager - that will force Windows to reinstall the drivers. Just right-click on the entry in Device Manager and select Uninstall then reboot. The drivers will load when you get back into Windows - you may need to reboot again.

Failing that, did you use the default option when you installed the drivers? If so, you may be better off using the custom install and selecting the option to remove old drivers - some recent NVidia driver releases failed to update at least one key file and that's caused quite a few problems.

There have been a couple of Beta drivers released since 266.58 but I've checked the documentation and there's nothing in them that related to 580 SLI's - just thought that woul save you time if you were thinking of trying them.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
I can't the option is greyed out, this is the first driver i'm installing onto the PC.

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Ok thanks, I'll try a custom install.. failing that i'll uninstall and let it reinstall the drivers.

I'll check back in a few minutes :)

Robbie

Gold Level Poster
Awww my baby needed a little sleep :)

It's seems fine after a reboot!

Thank's for the help guys and quick reply's, was a little worryed for a minute!

Rep for all :D

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
i thought the latest drivers were already installed by PCS ? Correct me if am wrong

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
i thought the latest drivers were already installed by PCS ? Correct me if am wrong

The drivers we use are the ones we have had chance to test on several machines and see what reports come back from the community. We generally hold back a release or so in case a new driver is causing issues. This happens a lot. The drivers are never more than 2-3 months out of date.

Gorman

Author Level
  • Thou shalt reboot
  • Thou shalt google it
  • Thou shalt approach the internet with the same diligence and paranoia you would use in the real world
  • Thou shalt use common sense
  • Thou shalt update
  • Thou shalt stay the hell away from regedit
  • Thou shalt not be the 1,000,000th visitor and click here
  • Thou shalt carefully consider thy last action or install before blaming the PC for a BSOD
  • Thou shalt check for air gaps before calling tech support
  • Thou shalt acknowledge that yes the sticker is on the back of the PC, no, that’s your monitor
  • Thou shalt recognise that one toolbar is enough, really, one. If that.

I could go on for quite a while here….

Nemesis

Huh Gorman i count eleven

but yeh those are pretty important rules and to me pretty obvious
though some people........

you should sticky the list on a thread, could save you alot of time

Oh and hahahaha hijacked imfao

Nemesis

ahh trust you to be the exception to the rule

oh and sorry to the OP for the hijack but thats life here on PCS forums
its a dog eat dog forum

Gorman

Author Level
ahh trust you to be the exception to the rule

oh and sorry to the OP for the hijack but thats life here on PCS forums
its a dog eat dog forum

Problem solved at post #7.

We are so good we can solve the issue and derail a thread completely by post #12