HDD data management

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
So I'm currently waiting on my computer, which I have chosen to come with a 1tb HDD with the same cache/rpm as my current 2x 500gb drives. When I receive my computer what would be the best way to ingrate them?
They were previously installed under raid 0 and I would like it if they were merged with the new drive simply creating a virtual 1 drive of ~2tb.

Obviously I would need to get rid of the OS on the current ones to do this (would I?) and what's the best way to do it? I have access to a 1tb secondary computer if nessecary to only transfer media and such but would prefer not having to reinstall everything because I've copy and pasted it from one to another.

Any advice?

Gorman

Author Level
I would go for 2 x 1TB drives, having the system drive standalone and the two existing drives use software raid.

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
Cheers, that seems logical. I'll probably need info on how exactly to do that but it will be a couple week before I face that problem, thanks for the helpful advice!

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
Well my previous drives were installed under 32bit vista, the one I'm buying will have 64bit win7