Has the Vyper gone?

Over the last few weeks I've been researching laptops and saving up my money. I'm now ready to order a Vyper laptop but it seems it's vanished off the website.

Is this a temporary out of stock issue, or do I need to raise a few more £££ and look at the Cosmos instead?

Regarding the Cosmos, is there any difference (other than screen size) between the 15.6" and the 17.3" options?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's gone EOL, thanks to a new gen of CPUs and GPU going on sale.

I don't work for PCS but it's almost certain it won't be restocked in my opinion.

Sometimes you see old chassis pop back up briefly for a very short spell. Maybe if they source some really cheap, or find a few stragglers or something.

But I wouldn't be optimistic.

If it's for gaming, or indeed any non-gaming use that benefits from a dedicated graphics card, the Cosmos is not a good option as it packs at best a GTX 1050, but is not much cheaper than the Vyper was. You may need to review options at other stores if PCS don't bring out a good, price-competitive sub£1000 gaming laptop option soon.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I's
Over the last few weeks I've been researching laptops and saving up my money. I'm now ready to order a Vyper laptop but it seems it's vanished off the website.

Is this a temporary out of stock issue, or do I need to raise a few more £££ and look at the Cosmos instead?

Regarding the Cosmos, is there any difference (other than screen size) between the 15.6" and the 17.3" options?
It's in stock again - probably very, very temporarily:

Saw this the day my new Laptop arrived. Nevermind. I'm more than happy with what I ended up with.

17" Acer Aspire 7 with i7 8750H, GTX 1050, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD. £800.

Couldn't find an equivalent at that price here without the Vyper option.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
GTX 1050. Oh well.

The 1050 non-ti is why I always tell people not to buy the Cosmos if they want a dGPU

GTX 1050. Oh well.

The 1050 non-ti is why I always tell people not to buy the Cosmos if they want a dGPU

To be honest, I got a bit confused when I looked at it because it said "GTX 1050 with 4GB dedicated VRAM". When I googled the difference between the 1050 and the 1050ti it said 1050 is 2GB while 1050ti is 4GB. so I assumed they must have meant the ti, unless they've just done something to it to double the dedicated ram.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
There are 1050s with 4gb RAM, for laptops. They're 1050s.

I've also recently seen laptops from another brand with a not entirely dissimilar name sporting 1050 tis for £800.